Med supp app question:

New kid

Expert
Hello everyone. I hope you had a great AEP. I have few questions regarding Medicare supplement application.

First: why do we have to write if we sold something to our client in the past years. What difference does it make? Why carriers have that question on the application?
Second: why does it matter if a client had another med supp before or not?

Thank you!

Hello everyone. I hope you had a great AEP. I have few questions regarding Medicare supplement application.

First: why do we have to write if we sold something to our client in the past years. What difference does it make? Why carriers have that question on the application?
Second: why does it matter if a client had another med supp before or not?

Thank you!

Several reasons, GI was mentioned before, Also to document the change and if the reason is valid ie lesser cov for the same premium, same cov for more premium, maybe to document if you change policies all the time, if you sell them everything under the sun, if they or the family have a complaint on the products you sold If you sold them MA in the past and it's not canceled

That's just what comes off the top of the head sure there are other reasons as well

I'm with Vic. Sketchy ass agents cause the company to cover their ass.

However, Bob's right... The why isn't really important. Your job is to complete the application.

First: why do we have to write if we sold something to our client in the past years. What difference does it make?

I assume since every carrier I can remember work with asks that question, it must be a requirement of the insurance department.

I also assume it is to see if we're churning policies.

Back