Med Supp Commission Levels

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a guy that keeps calling me on the phone trying to recruit me to sell United Health Care (AARP) med supp and MA plans. He's really pushing the MA plans through UHC.

He's also offering Equitable - Med supp Commission Rates 18% 5% 2% (Is this competitive?)

What are good commission rates for MA?

I should mention that I do mostly final expense life, and that is my bread and butter. However, I wouldn't mind picking up a few people here and there for MA if it's a good fit. But I don't want to become distracted away from FE doing this. Is UHC worth picking up, or are they run of the mill?

Last edited:
I have a guy that keeps calling me on the phone trying to recruit me to sell United Health Care (AARP) med supp and MA plans. He's really pushing the MA plans through UHC.

He's also offering Equitable - Med supp Commission Rates 18% 5% 2% (Is this competitive?)

What are good commission rates for MA?

MA plans commissions are limited by the guberment. AARP supps are a flat commission and are effectively standardized.

Before you even consider AARP or Equitable it is better to find out if they're even competitive. Just have carriers doesn't mean squat if you can't sell anything.

Rick

MA plans commissions are limited by the guberment. AARP supps are a flat commission and are effectively standardized.

Before you even consider AARP or Equitable it is better to find out if they're even competitive. Just have carriers doesn't mean squat if you can't sell anything.

Rick

Oxford, Cigna, Stonebridge, Manhattan, and Aetna are the most competitive in the areas I work. I'm already contracted with Oxford and Aetna. I'd like to pick up Stonebridge, Cigna, and Manhattan.

Oxford, Cigna, Stonebridge, Manhattan, and Aetna are the most competitive in the areas I work. I'm already contracted with Oxford and Aetna. I'd like to pick up Stonebridge, Cigna, and Manhattan.

If Equitable is not competitive then why bother?

You can get Stonebridge and I believe Cigna from Todd King and generally get higher than street. But I will tell you Stonebridge can be a PITA.

You might get AARP (again from Todd) because once in awhile you'll find a case where you need a company with very easy underwriting. However if you don't write 5 in a year they tend to punish you by decertifying you from selling their supplements. So really think about if you need them.

You can always give me a call.

Rick

Back