Med Supp Commission

Can't you please post a longer winded comment. You know. More like your usual posts!

Well, as Mark Twain once wrote to a friend "I would have made this letter shorter, but I didn't have the time."

However, when I see some of the posts here I am reminded of what was attributed to Dorothy Parker. She had received a bad review in the New York Times on one of her books. She wrote to the reviewer. "I am sitting in the smallest most cozy room of my house. I have your review in front of me. It shall soon be behind me."

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Al

I'd ban them from the board as a first step. Then I'd take out a million dollar policy on them and then give the contract to Tony Soprano. :yes:

Seriously, I know I take a lot of abuse for my 'stand' on one-word posts, but this is about the only board I know of where the mods don't make the request to post ONLY 'meaningful' traffic and that the "I agree" or "Thanks" or similar postings are not considered 'meaningful.' One reason it is made is that boards are database driven and these posts consume resources and as any database gets larger and larger, it can take longer for it to reply to requests (unless it is optimized from time to time.)

Of course, this board does not get nearly the kind of traffic that some of the large boards I read do (such as Apple Support http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1 so it's probably not a big deal to the tech-guys here.

I still think it is a time-sink to click on the 'last post' > icon and get a "Thanks" message.

But if none of the rest of you agree, I'll not mention it again. But honestly. I really thought it was a good idea and that it would be embraced by people here as I figured they were as busy and time-strapped as I am. I was wrong. I don't think ONE person agreed with me. Not one.

So I guess I won't suggest that we ban people for bad spelling. :laugh:

Or how about letting people post only one message a day? ;)

Test. Test. Is this microphone on?

Take my wife... please!

It's a cold house out there!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

I'm sure Sam is grateful to you for your input and attempt so save resources, but if you were really concerned about the use of resources then why would you use them up with posts like this?

I'm curious. If you are really that busy and strapped for time, why are you wasting so much of your valuable time adding such lengthy, meaningless posts? It isn't even close to original subject of this thread.

You have numerous, lengthy posts on the topic of saying thanks that have already used a lot of resources.

I only mention this because you seem to be sending mixed messages. You said, "I'll not mention it again" and then continue talking about it.

You are probably going to use a lot more resources and a lot more of your valuable time typing a lengthy response to this post. Why not just accept that some people like to be polite and say thanks for the help they receive and conserve your valuable time?

Have you ever read the book "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"? If not, most people I know have really enjoyed it.

I'm sure Sam is grateful to you for your input and attempt so save resources, but if you were really concerned about the use of resources then why would you use them up with posts like this?

I'm curious. If you are really that busy and strapped for time, why are you wasting so much of your valuable time adding such lengthy, meaningless posts? It isn't even close to original subject of this thread.

You have numerous, lengthy posts on the topic of saying thanks that have already used a lot of resources.

I only mention this because you seem to be sending mixed messages. You said, "I'll not mention it again" and then continue talking about it.

You are probably going to use a lot more resources and a lot more of your valuable time typing a lengthy response to this post. Why not just accept that some people like to be polite and say thanks for the help they receive and conserve your valuable time?

Have you ever read the book "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"? If not, most people I know have really enjoyed it.

Frank, you just "ride my ass here." Day after day after day you just beat the s--t out of me. Frank it was a joke... a little humor. I don't see you beat up on STI for his funny pictures, or Rick for his funny stuff, or John when he wises off. Just me.

Maybe I should just leave this board. That's probably the best solution. No one wants to come here and be talked down to like you do with me, to be insulted and embarrassed.

I'm not perfect, but I don't think I've done or said anything here (recently?) to merit the merciless s--t kicking that you give me once or twice a week.

Why are you so critical of me? What have I ever done to you personally? We've never talked on the phone. I've never posted anything about you personally. I've questioned the ability of YIO, and offered alternatives. But YIO is not YOU. It's a product. Do you equate a post about YIO as something directed at you personally? Is that what I've done wrong? Questioned YIO?

I'll just not post any commentary or responses here anymore. I'm just tired of taking the personal abuse that you (Frank) heap on me each week.

Like I said in my previous post on this topic, Frank why can't you "take this outside" and tell me why you "hate me" in private mail. Why do you post in public about what a bad person I must be... that I should leave the business or that I have too much free time or that I failed kindergarten?

Is that it? You want to drive me off the board by your constant personal "observations" about me posted in public. Well OK. You win.

I'll go. Maybe I'll ask a question from time to time when I'm in need of help, but no more commentary, no responses, nothing that is going to again put me in the gun-sights of you, Frank. I'll just lurk. You've driven me off Frank. I hope this makes you happy.

I don't know that much about insurance anyway, so I'm no great loss to this community. If you lose Rick or John or Sam or a few others, it would not bode well, but I still don't know what I don't know about this biz so it's not like my leaving is going "to matter" or anything.

I'm a 24/7 caregiver to a disabled wife, I'm building a new business... and this is a hard business. I come here for a little 'entertainment' and conversation... and of course to learn. I just don't need the negativity and abuse and bad-vibes that you direct my way each week, Frank. :no:

Bye, all.

"Thanks for the use of the hall."

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

Roll with the punches.

Al....ignore those who vex you and stay on board. We all need each other's input to stay current with the changes in the insurance field.

Every little byte adds to the puzzle for a clearer picture. The changes in regulation and products is making me dizzy. So being able to exchange experiences and info helps to clarify confusion.

Many posts written in haste convey a bad tone in addition to violating the English Lang. I have been guilty of this myself; but somehow, the message gets conveyed.

I do agree with you about 1-2 word posts. Using TIA (thanks in advance)
would eliminate some of this.

I do apologize for even asking the question that started this. The only answer that was even received was from Senior and greatfully appreciated. From there things went everywhich way. I was just looking for some kind of idea what to expect, I sure did not expect this.

Back