Med supp -need experienced view here

Okay, for the sake of this discussion. Are all F plans the same? Well if you buy that principle, then the high deductible F plan must be the same as the Standard F plan, and the Select F plan must be the same as the standard F plan. Now, are they the same///oh, I think not.
Now, there is the enchanced F plan, just like the high deductible, and select F. So, have a 40 and chill. When this goes in Indiana you will be behind the times. Other people on this site know what is going on. Check it out for yourself, it goes into effect on the 27th of August 2007.
Just because you never heard of it, does not mean that it does not exist.

You may very well be right, Illinois is going to have something the rest of the nation doesn't have. Let us know how that works out for you.

I just find it interesting that Medicare has approved something for Illinois and Sterling that no other insurance company has. Kind of blows the standardized policy concept doesn't it!

I will look forward to learning more about it after the 27th.

Frank:

If you happen to know a Sterling Life Agent...they market under Sterling Health Plans, ask them. I had the marketing manager for this area share that information with his entire agency. I will talk to him again on Monday morning.

Frank:

If you happen to know a Sterling Life Agent...they market under Sterling Health Plans, ask them. I had the marketing manager for this area share that information with his entire agency. I will talk to him again on Monday morning.

Thanks, I would appreciate that. I am licensed with Sterling in Missouri and I have not received any information from them about Medicare approving another Standardized Policy.

I will also call Sterling on Monday and ask them why I am not being presented with the same opportunity that my neighboring agents in Illinois have.

I sure hope they have a good answer. If not, I'm going to contact CMS and find out what is going on. That ain't right!

Thanks, I would appreciate that. I am licensed with Sterling in Missouri and I have not received any information from them about Medicare approving another Standardized Policy.

I will also call Sterling on Monday and ask them why I am not being presented with the same opportunity that my neighboring agents in Illinois have.

I sure hope they have a good answer. If not, I'm going to contact CMS and find out what is going on. That ain't right!

The federal government, including Medicare, often runs pilot programs in a couple states before implementing nation wide. I am not saying that is the case here but it applies in some instances.

Winter

The federal government, including Medicare, often runs pilot programs in a couple states before implementing nation wide. I am not saying that is the case here but it applies in some instances.

Winter

They may do that but they have never done it in Missouri, figures.

I am going to call Sterling Monday and, as my grandfather use to say, "raise hell and put a chunk under it". He never told me what to use as a "chunk" though. :D

I will believe it when I see it. I would bet that the dental and eye are "wrap around" products. I would bet that it against CMS regulation to represent it as an enhanced F plan. You know what...as a matter of fact TOMMY!!!! We here in IN did have an enhanced F plan 2 years ago. I totally forgot! At Senior Solutions our manager told us that when we saved people alot of money moving them from their med supp to add dental plan in the price. We didn't call it the Enhanced F plan because I think that would be illegal. We told them it had a dental wrap around.

Winter

Did they run a pilot on the K&L plans before they released them? I don't recall that. I believe some one is blowing smoke up someones hole.:D

Back