Med Supp- Rheumatoid Arthritis

AIABROKER

Expert
MI
69yr female with Rheumatoid Arthritis needs a Med. Supp. Anyone know what carrier will take her, other than AARP? She works full time. Not sure what meds she's taking. Does not qualify for guaranteed issue.

69yr female with Rheumatoid Arthritis needs a Med. Supp. Anyone know what carrier will take her, other than AARP? She works full time. Not sure what meds she's taking. Does not qualify for guaranteed issue.

You can go with Bankers Fidelity, at least on the Virginia App for Med Supp they don't ask about it directly. The only thing that come to mind that could possibly keep someone from getting it is being in a wheelchair or ADLS.

Some other carriers to look at are CIgna, Companion Life, CSI, Equitable, Liberty Bankers, Manhattan.

Do you know if the client uses a wheelchair, has injections, goes to physical therapy, or surgery?

Ok. I'm stooopid.

If she is employed full time, does her employer not offer health insurance? And if so, with the drug costs I'm assuming come with her RA diagnosis, why isn't she staying?

If she doesn't have group coverage, why not and why isn't this getting her to an OE/GI situation?

Ok. I'm stooopid.

If she is employed full time, does her employer not offer health insurance? And if so, with the drug costs I'm assuming come with her RA diagnosis, why isn't she staying?

If she doesn't have group coverage, why not and why isn't this getting her to an OE/GI situation?

She was on Medicaid but got kicked off the end of 2016 (income was higher). She works for a business that only has two employees and does not offer group medical. She may actually only be part time. She has a PDP that she had under Medicaid that she will continue to keep. She does not qualify for a SEP or GI because it's been over 63 days since she lost her Medicaid.

Please correct me if you think she CAN get an SEP even if it's been over 63 days since being kicked off Medicaid.

The new AARP/UHC Med Supp application for a July 1 effective date does not ask about RA now so I think that's the route I will take for her.

She was on Medicaid but got kicked off the end of 2016 (income was higher). She works for a business that only has two employees and does not offer group medical. She may actually only be part time. She has a PDP that she had under Medicaid that she will continue to keep. She does not qualify for a SEP or GI because it's been over 63 days since she lost her Medicaid.

Please correct me if you think she CAN get an SEP even if it's been over 63 days since being kicked off Medicaid.

The new AARP/UHC Med Supp application for a July 1 effective date does not ask about RA now so I think that's the route I will take for her.

Ugggghhhh. Nope. No SEP with that info.

UHC works. But if her income has dropped due to PT, can you get her back on Medicaid?

Cant help you with the medigap. But I do have a customer who was diagnosed with RA about 10 years ago and he took CMO and it cleared things up for him. He couldnt walk, but now he can. And he only takes it once a year, if necessary. you might mention it to your client...it's not a prescription.
https://www.cmorelief.com/

Cant help you with the medigap. But I do have a customer who was diagnosed with RA about 10 years ago and he took CMO and it cleared things up for him. He couldnt walk, but now he can. And he only takes it once a year, if necessary. you might mention it to your client...it's not a prescription.
https://www.cmorelief.com/

Now this is good info Dr Luke! :) I did bookmark the site and will keep it in mind to tell clients about that.

You lose your current coverage

Collapse I'm no longer eligible for Medicaid.
What can I do?

Join a Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
Switch from your current plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
Drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare.
Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage.
When?

Your chance to change lasts for 2 full months after the month you find out you're no longer eligible for Medicaid.
If you lose your coverage for the following year, your chance to change is between January 1–March 31.

Back