Medadvantage poll

Mary, since you started this thread, how about posting answers to your questions first? You were writing for Continental Life that wrap around...how many did you sell? What about MSIS and leads they gave you for med supps??/how did that business go? What about FE, any LTC. And didn't you hang around drug stores...how many PDP's and Total $ amount. You go girl!

Hey, it's MY job to attack people - but only when warranted and when I think they're idiots.

Leave Mary alone. She actually is quite a good person and unlike a few others here, is trying to do the best job for her clients.

Rick

Well I must have missed a lot of posts then. What I'm talking about are the posts last year when she showed us her non-compliant flyers and mentioned other methods that basically every senior agent on the board agreed weren't compliant. However she wasn't deterred. Not to mention the $0 premium life insurance fiasco.

Sorry I have been off the boards for a bit...busy pre selling...

I wrote about 60 MA's last AEP and about another 40 in OEP.

This year, I have about 60 already written since Oct 1. I have been filling out the app with them, stuffing the envelope with the app, and putting a post it note on it saying mail Nov 15th.

Supplements, I wrote 19 from last AEP to now. The bad part is that I wrote them while I was with Humana and I walked away from the commissions when I left Humana. Oh well, live and learn. Much happier now...

Most of my 60 apps this AEP are either loosing group coverage or changing over from another MA plan.

I am getting leads from Coventry direct since I am captive with them for AEP/OEP.

Mary, since you started this thread, how about posting answers to your questions first? You were writing for Continental Life that wrap around...how many did you sell? What about MSIS and leads they gave you for med supps??/how did that business go? What about FE, any LTC. And didn't you hang around drug stores...how many PDP's and Total $ amount. You go girl!

well shoot i guess i should do that huh?

for the Continental Life I sold about 45
Advantra Freedom medadvantage plans 115
MSIS gave me a ton of leads -- but since going to Ohio -- they do not have a spot for me for leads --- and I have since then signed up with a couple of other FMO's that have a better package.
Final expense -- with Baltimore Life and Lincoln Heritage -- about 70 policies between the two... and no LTC -- last year i did the drug stores -- but this year i do not have that opportunity.. with pdp's -- i probably did about 150 or so -- between the different carriers..
total amount -- about 85k

and Cenia -- the answers for you

yes i apologize that my flyers were not compliant with CMS -- live and learn -- that is what this board is for is it not> -- i have had my license since 2005 -- so essentially i am still a newbie at insurance -- when i wrote up my flyers I had passed them by my manager and he said they were good -- so i didnt pursue anything further -- and also it was just some ideas -- alot of people wanted to know how to do a flyer -- and that was my suggestion... and for the zero premium -- well oh well --- it didnt work out.. and again lessons learned... like i had said before -- if it wasnt me -- then it would of been someone else to post it...

well shoot i guess i should do that huh?

for the Continental Life I sold about 45
Advantra Freedom medadvantage plans 115
MSIS gave me a ton of leads -- but since going to Ohio -- they do not have a spot for me for leads --- and I have since then signed up with a couple of other FMO's that have a better package.
Final expense -- with Baltimore Life and Lincoln Heritage -- about 70 policies between the two... and no LTC -- last year i did the drug stores -- but this year i do not have that opportunity.. with pdp's -- i probably did about 150 or so -- between the different carriers..
total amount -- about 85k

and Cenia -- the answers for you

yes i apologize that my flyers were not compliant with CMS -- live and learn -- that is what this board is for is it not> -- i have had my license since 2005 -- so essentially i am still a newbie at insurance -- when i wrote up my flyers I had passed them by my manager and he said they were good -- so i didnt pursue anything further -- and also it was just some ideas -- alot of people wanted to know how to do a flyer -- and that was my suggestion... and for the zero premium -- well oh well --- it didnt work out.. and again lessons learned... like i had said before -- if it wasnt me -- then it would of been someone else to post it...

No problem, Mary. Sounds like you were let down by bad management. I can't imagine how a newbie agent could come into the MA market and understand it with the lack of training back in 2005-6. I do think this is one of the primary benefits of this forum, discussing marketing strategies, exchanging info about good and bad companies, FMO's, etc.

How do you market in WY and OH? Or have you moved to OH from WY? I'm still trying to figure out how to market to another part of the same state after moving 3 hours away or considering if it is even worth the effort.

i just got contracted with GTL -- and i understand they have a great wrap around -- there is also one with another company i cant think of the name right now -- ill post as soon as i remember -- most of my customers have been pretty happy with continental life as the wrap around -- but a couple have had issues with getting their thousand for the hospital stay --so i could be happier with it... do i regret selling it to them -- no i dont -- what the customer wants the customer gets... thats the way it goes...
i am looking at a critical illness policy with colorado bankers that looks pretty good -- my fmo says that its better to market to 20 to 40 year olds... i think i will have a hard time at it -- so im not sure about it... i am more keen with the senior market...
i am licensed in both ohio and wyoming -- we are actually driving out to ohio on saturday -- i am keeping my customer base in wyoming...keeping my same phone number for my clients to be able to contact me when they need... my daughters are also staying out here to go to college.

Back