Medicaid Ending Question

Im not talking about that client . I’m talking about the 20 clients she gets a month . Obviously these patients going to see the dr’s can see the dr with their plan . Are these all patients bitching they don’t like their plan? I don’t see how 20 people a month are telling their dr’s office “ I need help with my plan “ . Are these offices soliciting the patients ?
I have no idea how or why she's getting what she gets. I don't care. I hope she starts getting 200 a month.

All I know about the lady is three things:
She's all about helping her people and I respect that.
When it comes to Medicare she knows her shit and I respect that.
She's in Texas and everybody's got to be somewhere.

Oh, there is one other thing I know. Her mother and my mother went to different schools together.

Im not talking about that client . I’m talking about the 20 clients she gets a month . Obviously these patients going to see the dr’s can see the dr with their plan . Are these all patients bitching they don’t like their plan? I don’t see how 20 people a month are telling their dr’s office “ I need help with my plan “ . Are these offices soliciting the patients ?

Many of those people may be new to Medicare, either T65 or late retirees, coming off group coverage.

They are not your clients. It is really not your concern or your business.

I have no idea how or why she's getting what she gets. I don't care. I hope she starts getting 200 a month.

All I know about the lady is three things:
She's all about helping her people and I respect that.
When it comes to Medicare she knows her shit and I respect that.
She's in Texas and everybody's got to be somewhere.

Oh, there is one other thing I know. Her mother and my mother went to different schools together.

I hope she gets 1000 clients a month . I’m curious outside T-65 what promps office staff to notify her about a patients med sup plan ? I’m trying to understand it as I’ll approach dr’s offices if it’s a way to get business . I could understand if I put brochures in the office “ Are you near age 65 ? Your near getting on Medicare I can help “ . She mentioned patients being “ confused “. . All med sups pay basically 100% of bills . Are they bitching about drug costs ?

I hope she gets 1000 clients a month . I’m curious outside T-65 what promps office staff to notify her about a patients med sup plan ? I’m trying to understand it as I’ll approach dr’s offices if it’s a way to get business . I could understand if I put brochures in the office “ Are you near age 65 ? Your near getting on Medicare I can help “ . She mentioned patients being “ confused “. . All med sups pay basically 100% of bills . Are they bitching about drug costs ?

I don't have to be an agent to know that if someone knows what you do and thinks you do it well, they may tell someone else about you sometime.

I don't have to be an agent to know that there is a dramatic difference between some folder about someone lying about an office and the "checkout lady" at the doctor's office saying "Ralph Franklin is in the phone book, He was a big help to my mom in getting her Medicare coverage set up."

If they’re going to see the dr your client works for how can they not be able to see the dr ? So what your telling me they have mapd your replacing ? I no idea where you live in Texas . Anywhere I sell the networks are stacked and I rarely see a dr that won’t accept a mapd ppo. I’m sure every mapd agent will agree with me . If we were constantly running into network issues we’d not be selling mapd . If I had even 3 clients a month bitching to me the mapd company denied care I’d not be selling it . I might here 1-2 issues a yr .
(For those stumbling on this thread sometime in the future: -- I am not an agent.)

When I sat in my doctor's office during a visit and asked him about Medicare Advantage plans, he gave me a very short informative answer.

"I don't take them."

(For those stumbling on this thread sometime in the future: -- I am not an agent.)

When I sat in my doctor's office during a visit and asked him about Medicare Advantage plans, he gave me a very short informative answer.

"I don't take them."

FEAR mongering . . . lies, lies, lies

Thousand of agents that push MAPD plans claim they have never heard their policyholders complain about access to health care so obviously it does not exist.

FEAR mongering . . . lies, lies, lies

Thousand of agents that push MAPD plans claim they have never heard their policyholders complain about access to health care so obviously it does not exist.

Your spreading lies again . Nobody ever said there’s not issues with mapd . There is Pre authorization and some things not approved that would be in orginal medicare . Of course a product with a $200 a month premium will have better coverage than a product with no premium . It comes down to what someone can afford in retirement. Can a husband wife afford $400 to $600 a month making $30- $60 k a yr in retirement .It’s been determined somebody with a good retirement should buy a sup . People have financial decisions to make in retirement .

First, in this case, the referral source is on a MAPD. That I sold her. She’s doing MAPD in year 1 due to finances, knowing she’s got GI in year 2 if needed for G and D. Her financial situation looks very different at age 66.

Second, I educate clients. In this case, G and D was $2K cheaper a year, combined with drug costs.

Third, my MIL broke her hip Friday. Doc comes in yesterday to discuss the next steps. I tell her we want X rehab.
Doc says “I’ll confirm with your insurance”
Me: “She has Original Medicare”
Doc: “Thank God. Those Advantage plans are horrible. My parents are both on Original Medicare, too. Way to go”

I agree that more and more doctors are taking MAPD. But that’s not really the issue. It’s the prior authorization crap. It’s the SNF/Rehab crap.

First, in this case, the referral source is on a MAPD. That I sold her. She’s doing MAPD in year 1 due to finances, knowing she’s got GI in year 2 if needed for G and D. Her financial situation looks very different at age 66.

Second, I educate clients. In this case, G and D was $2K cheaper a year, combined with drug costs.

Third, my MIL broke her hip Friday. Doc comes in yesterday to discuss the next steps. I tell her we want X rehab.
Doc says “I’ll confirm with your insurance”
Me: “She has Original Medicare”
Doc: “Thank God. Those Advantage plans are horrible. My parents are both on Original Medicare, too. Way to go”

I agree that more and more doctors are taking MAPD. But that’s not really the issue. It’s the prior authorization crap. It’s the SNF/Rehab crap.

no question those are issues . But I pt to finances . So with part b premium the min anyone’s at us about $360 a month . Husband / wife that’s big in retirement for many people .

Back