Medical Necessity

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Had a somewhat heated discussion today with a (now former) client over her comments that "Medicare doesn't pay for anything".

Such as . . .

PT from a therapist who does not participate in Medicare
DC that doesn't document medical necessity for chiro claims
Doesn't cover routine dental care
No coverage for routine vision care
Doesn't have free dental and vision like other Medicare plans

About 10 minutes into this diatribe I told her I did not have time to debate her points, many of which have been discussed ad infinitum before.

After cooling down I emailed her and told her I had never fired a Medicare client before but am willing to make an exception in her case. I suggested she find another agent, and exchange her N plan for an F plan that will pay everything approved by Medicare.

I also told her I would not recommend another agent because I don't want to pass my problems along to a friend.

Scott and Herman can thank me later.

Her response . . . .

Anyone who says and believes it is not medically important to have your teeth cleaned Prophylactically has no credibility.
I am happy to be fired by you, working together was expedient but not a pleasure.

Use a little reverse psychology if it's not too late, take her view and run with it. Make the argument that she should not only drop the supplement but also drop original medicare! Then see if she tries to convince you that she should in fact have Medicare. Make her be the salesman. Shoot down every reason she tells you she should probably have medicare

Use a little reverse psychology if it's not too late, take her view and run with it. Make the argument that she should not only drop the supplement but also drop original medicare! Then see if she tries to convince you that she should in fact have Medicare. Make her be the salesman. Shoot down every reason she tells you she should probably have medicare
Why? He is rid of her now.. unless he just has time to waste..

I have put up with her crap for 4 years. No more.

She needs an agent who will tell her the Medicare rules apply to everyone except her.

That isn't me.

If you want her PM me. You can have her.

Had a somewhat heated discussion today with a (now former) client over her comments that "Medicare doesn't pay for anything".

Such as . . .

About 10 minutes into this diatribe I told her I did not have time to debate her points, many of which have been discussed ad infinitum before.

After cooling down I emailed her and told her I had never fired a Medicare client before but am willing to make an exception in her case. I suggested she find another agent, and exchange her N plan for an F plan that will pay everything approved by Medicare.

I also told her I would not recommend another agent because I don't want to pass my problems along to a friend.

Her response . . . .

Anyone who says and believes it is not medically important to have your teeth cleaned Prophylactically has no credibility.
I am happy to be fired by you, working together was expedient but not a pleasure.

Sounds like a great candidate for a MSA or Part B Trump/Obama reduction credit plan.

Such as . . .

Her response . . . .

sounds like a candidate for a med sup PLUS an Advantage plan.

Why? He is rid of her now.. unless he just has time to waste..

Good point... It was just my spin on a life insurance close I once heard about, ask prospect if the life insurance was free/no cost, would you take it? And then ask them why? Then they tell you the reasons they should have life insurance. Just an interesting approach.

Back