Medical Necessity

Part of that is the problem with the way MA plans are advertised. “Vision and Dental included.” When you really start looking at the vision and dental benefits included (at least in my area) it’s almost like a bait and switch. Minimal coverage on narrow networks. Tell her she should check it out.

Had a call from long time clients today. They attended a "free seminar" hosted by their PCP. A "not a sales person" pitched the value of MA plans supported by their PCP practice.

Lot's of talk about no premiums, dental, vision . . .

No mention of networks, what happens if you use a non-par provider, how you may have to go through underwriting if you want to return to Medigap . . .

Both husband and wife in their 70's. Good health now, but . . . .

They kept talking about not having to pay a premium.

We will see what happens.

I do sell both, but my preference is always the Supp. Sounds like the person told them all the good and none of the bad. Unfortunately, people willl always buy products because of the lower sticker price and not necessarily the potential value.

Had a call from long time clients today. They attended a "free seminar" hosted by their PCP. A "not a sales person" pitched the value of MA plans supported by their PCP practice.

Lot's of talk about no premiums, dental, vision . . .

No mention of networks, what happens if you use a non-par provider, how you may have to go through underwriting if you want to return to Medigap . . .

Both husband and wife in their 70's. Good health now, but . . . .

They kept talking about not having to pay a premium.

We will see what happens.
I just remind people that, "you get what you pay for". :yes:

Part of that is the problem with the way MA plans are advertised. “Vision and Dental included.” When you really start looking at the vision and dental benefits included (at least in my area) it’s almost like a bait and switch. Minimal coverage on narrow networks. Tell her she should check it out.
Those ads are so misleading. I'm surprized they can get away with the insinuations the MA companies make. :mad:

Those ads are so misleading. I'm surprized they can get away with the insinuations the MA companies make. :mad:

Yep. BCBS just added MA plans where I am. Clients who are getting these mailers are calling like crazy thinking its a vision and dental plan for $15/month that they can ad on to their current OM/Supp coverage. They get pretty upset when they I tell them what it really is.

I have no problem suggesting a Delta dental plan for people who take an mapd, even if the mapd boasts about dental benefits. All the dentists in OK seem to like Delta, so the customers feel good about it, and so do I.

I just remind people that, "you get what you pay for". :yes:

I told them there is no such thing as a free lunch.

They said they will decide this week if they keep their Medigap or switch. Odd thing is, husband had an MA plan until he had a knee replacement. Then switched to Medigap. Now he is thinking about going back.

Guess he has memory issues . . .

I told them there is no such thing as a free lunch.

They said they will decide this week if they keep their Medigap or switch. Odd thing is, husband had an MA plan until he had a knee replacement. Then switched to Medigap. Now he is thinking about going back.

Guess he has memory issues . . .
Dementia setting in...he needs to stay put. :yes:

Bob,
Let them know you have a $0 premium auto insurance policy. Would you buy that too? What do you think that will cover? I have use that line before. It really stumps them...

With MA, I inform them of how much money the MA plan gets from the government to manage their health care. I let them know that's why you are seeing such a hard marketing push from these companies.

Latest posts

Back