Medicare Ad on Facebook

Uhc has partial Medicaid products in all markets that have the same benefits as full Medicaid . $180-$300 food cards . They can be sold to all levels of Medicaid from Qi1 to fdbe . The catch is that the partial Medicaid people have to pay the 20% coinsurance on all medical exp’s from drs offices to outpatient facilities. Call centers use these products aggressively to try to steal clients . They never explain the 20% . Low income people hate paying a $50 -$100 copay at the dr even if there getting a $300 a month food card .

I bet they get a lot of leads from it.
I though CMS was cracking down on this or is it still just a free for all? Anything goes?

"Free" is not allowed for premiums.

"Free Food Card", I would say yes. Its splitting hairs, but yes.

Not surprised one bit. There’s a database of current and past FB ads used, and when I went through several pages, many were completely out of compliance.

There are so many companies selling FB ads to agents I suspect FB is now the same as direct mail...maybe they’ll get a click but not many forms filled out.

I don’t think agents really understand . There’s 10’s of thousands of uncompliant Facebook ads . They go thru several filters and back channels so it’s hard to track down who did the ad . Nothing will change . All these call centers are uncompliant as heck in the presentation. If some agents lose the right to sell mapd so what . They got 40 more ready to go . Nothing will ever change unless the carriers ax the call centers .That will never happen

I suspect FB is now the same as direct mail...maybe they’ll get a click but not many forms filled out.

FB ads have built in tracking. As soon as the ad is clicked the information FB has in your profile (name, age, email . . . etc) automatically populates in the report sent to the entity running the ad.

Just one more reason why you should NEVER click a FB ad.

FB checks ads for compliance with "community standards" and don't care about anything else. Insurance ads are not checked against CMS guidelines. Consumers that buy into this kind of pitch are often taken by a smarmy pitch. By the time they figure out they have been tricked it is often to late to correct the problem.

Back