Medicare Advantage has many restrictions, and patients struggle when they must switch doctors

Oh look, another sensationalist MA hit piece. Sometimes networks change for Medicare Advantage. BREAKING NEWS! Call the police!

If the hospital (who is a private business, like any other) really cared, they would try to come to a deal, but they always play the "holier than thou" role.

They're just as much at fault as anyone else. This is also not a "new and unique challenge." I'm not sure if this lady is huffing paint, but this sometimes happens, and has always happened.

All the person will need to do it find another insurer that has the hospital in-network. Very simple.

Literally everyone in the country has health insurance that sometimes changes networks and such until they're on Medicare, but for some reason, as soon as you get on Medicare and it happens it's worthy of the same outrage as unaliving a baby in the middle of the street. These sensationalist pieces have gotten to ridiculously laughable levels.

Hospitals just don't like MA because they question them and their (many times) fraudulent practices. That's the real truth. Google "Medicare fraud hospital" and go see for yourself. They love original Medicare because there is no one policing it.

Also needs to be noted that United is staying in-network. See: "CORRECTION: Loyola Medicine and UnitedHealthcare reached an agreement June 28 to keep Loyola in-network. The patient below no longer is in danger of losing in-network access at Loyola."
So they did reach an agreement. Might as well delete the thread:D:D

And some of them are telling the truth.

I started selling supplements in 1989. Everything was F2F back then because Al Gore hadn't finished inventing the internet yet.

I lost count of the appointments I went on where another agent had been there before me. I called those agents fly-by's. They would blow into town, hit up all the T-65s and would never be seen or heard from again.

The same thing is happening today but on a much larger scale. The hottest thing in insurance today is MA and MAPD. Just look at all the recruiters on YouTube or Face Book. I call them pimps. When was the last time you saw one pushing supplements?

Add all the new call center agents that are nothing more than fly-by's with an internet connection and you've got tons of agents that have never had a complaint call.

God...you think you know it ALL....

well guess what you DO!

you my friend are spot on.

I got you beat though, 1987 for me.
BTW Go big Orange.

God...you think you know it ALL....

well guess what you DO!

you my friend are spot on.

I got you beat though, 1987 for me.
BTW Go big Orange.
Still a long way from knowing it all though. And I've had 50 years to learn it.

I'll admit that big orange cap looks really good ... on Bill Dance's head when he's fishing.

But seriously, your boys did a hell of a job in the College World Series. Congratulations!

So they did reach an agreement. Might as well delete the thread:D:D
This post reflects a lack of understanding of your prospect base.

Lack of stability in healthcare situations can cause [sometimes significant] physical health, financial, and emotional problems for those dealing with them, EVEN IF THERE IS ULTIMATELY A RESOLUTION IN THEIR FAVOR.

In addition the seniors dealing with the situations may not have the same mental abilities and transportation resources you take for granted as a younger, active business person.

Lack of stability in healthcare situations can cause [sometimes significant] physical health, financial, and emotional problems for those dealing with them, EVEN IF THERE IS ULTIMATELY A RESOLUTION IN THEIR FAVOR.

In addition the seniors dealing with the situations may not have the same mental abilities and transportation resources you take for granted as a younger, active business person.

Thanks for this insight . . . which escaped the detractors who consider this "just another hit piece".

Insurance, especially health insurance, is a complex, intangible product that very few understand. This includes not only the buyer but a large contingency of agents and home office critter who can be so clueless as to make me wonder, who ties their shoes in the morning?

An agent who made/makes F2F presentations will often see the prospects eyes glaze over because the material is above their pay grade. Or perhaps, it is the way the information is presented . . .

Even with phone sales, I have trained my ear to listen to pauses and stop to ask . . . "Did that make sense?".

I tell folks they don't have to be a Medicare expert, that's why they need me. My product and premium is the same as every other agent. The difference is, if they use another agent, or go direct to the carrier, they forfeit access to my knowledge and understanding.

Some say this article is a hit piece . . . I see it for what it is . . . the article alerts the reader to something that can happen when you least expect it.

Losing access to one provider is bad. Losing access to three providers that are crucial to your health would be devastating to anyone.

And some of them are telling the truth.

I started selling supplements in 1989. Everything was F2F back then because Al Gore hadn't finished inventing the internet yet.

I lost count of the appointments I went on where another agent had been there before me. I called those agents fly-by's. They would blow into town, hit up all the T-65s and would never be seen or heard from again.

The same thing is happening today but on a much larger scale. The hottest thing in insurance today is MA and MAPD. Just look at all the recruiters on YouTube or Face Book. I call them pimps. When was the last time you saw one pushing supplements?

Add all the new call center agents that are nothing more than fly-by's with an internet connection and you've got tons of agents that have never had a complaint call.

I understand what seniors go thru on MAPD.

"Younger" "Active"??????????? I'm 66, formerly on kidney dialysis.

Back