Medicare Advantage Plans being dropped left and right

Med-supp.....annual rate increases.
PDP....usually annual rate increases. Coinsurances for tier 3 on low premium plans.
No dental. No vision. No hearing aids. No OTC.

Then again....went to an appointment yesterday. Nice 2 story brick house right on a lake. Bought med-supp and PDP. Checking into dental.

It works both ways.

I bought MAPD because I have the money for MAX OOP.

It works both ways.

No need to fight over it:wacko:

I actually am. lol. You don't really need much stock knowledge to figure out a basic S&P 500 investment plan. That's literally step 1 in investing.

"And what's with this prior bullshit." It's called "planning." Try it sometime. It's amazing.

Get back to me once you study up and understand these basic concepts. Then we'll reconvene.

Wasting your time, if they don’t have money sense they will never change their mind. I did 3 more reverse scenarios for my MA clients telling them they can go back to a Med Sup and PDP, once again all laughed at me. And these are people who have heard all the scare tactics from their Drs, agents who only offer Med Sups and the area agency on aging. Difference is these people have been on MA for years and see through all that BS.

Its not always about the money. I believe most agents will buy a supplement when their time comes. I chose a supplement as I want to choose where I go for treatment, tests, whatever.

When I read Scott's post the first thing that popped into my head was "How long will he get to stay in rehab?" It won't be up to the dotors or the facility. The algorithm will likely decide.

Its not always about the money. I believe most agents will buy a supplement when their time comes. I chose a supplement as I want to choose where I go for treatment, tests, whatever.

When I read Scott's post the first thing that popped into my head was "How long will he get to stay in rehab?" It won't be up to the dotors or the facility. The algorithm will likely decide.

The dollars and cents argument is only part of the equation. Even those that take a bean counter approach to their Medicare presentation almost always ignore the limited networks, claim delays and denials, and how much it really cost to try and get well again.

I only have a handful of clients that will experience $100k+ medical expenses per year . . . maybe 1% if that. Yet a number of clients who have claims less than $10,000 (before repricing) will tell me how their plan worked exactly as described, no hassles, no delays and no large, unpaid bills.

Insurance is to help your client SWAT . . . Sleep Well At Night . . . without worrying about how to pay for their medical care.

Insurance is an intangible product bought to eliminate unexpected bills that are not in the regular, everyday living budget.

I doubt people would be willing to buy a plan that only allowed them to buy groceries at a handful of stores and they were only allowed to shop at certain times. But about half the T65 folks will rent a Medicare plan that operates in much the same fashion and then are surprised when they discover it has limitations.

Have an agent look up all your Drs and Hospitals within 100 miles and see how many aren't in network. You may be amazed. Be careful with OM bc if you aren't in the hospital for at least 3 nights they won't pay. Also if under observation they won't pay. More rules that you don't have to worry about with MA plans.

Be careful with OM bc if you aren't in the hospital for at least 3 nights they won't pay. Also if under observation they won't pay. More rules that you don't have to worry about with MA plans.
Pay for what?

And exactly where does it say that an MA plan will pay for Under Observation?

Question for those MAD agents that look up docs for prospects and always find 100% participation.

When you look for docs they may need in the future, is the participation level still 100%

And what do you tell prospects to do when the MCO contract is not renewed?

Be careful with OM bc if you aren't in the hospital for at least 3 nights they won't pay. Also if under observation they won't pay. More rules that you don't have to worry about with MA plans.
As far as Observation Status goes, you're making it out as some kind of death penalty.

I seriously doubt that a lot of agents have had to deal with it. I have. Hell, I doubt that some agents on here even know what it is.

Here's a pretty good article that describes it.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - What Is Observation Status And How Does It Affect Those On Medicare?

Pay for what?

And exactly where does it say that an MA plan will pay for Under Observation?

OM won't pay for skilled nursing if you were under observation and not admitted for 3 days. MA pays whether under observation or if you were only admitted for 1 day instead of 3. The copay for observation is usually $350 on MA plans. Figured you knew that already since you are all MA experts even though you have never looked at a plan guide. Gee, maybe I should start using this as a scare tactic. Nah, no need they already can see MA is usually their better option without trying to scare them.

Latest posts

Back