Medicare Advantage Plans in Dallas

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
For multiple reasons, I have resisted until now getting appointed with MA plans.

However, I am now leaving too much money on the table. I'm getting about one referral per week and am giving this money away. I am not going to market for these, but I need to have one available for those calls.

Any suggestions on who to go with? It seems that everyone is in love with AARP/UHC and that's what people want when they call.

And if I do this, can I go direct to the carrier? Or is it best to have a GA for these? (I would rather go direct).

Any other suggestions? Besides running away from Advantage plans?

Thanks!

You also need Aetna in the Dallas area because Baylor and UTSW takes Aetna but not UHC. Not sure if you can contract direct with UHC but you can direct contract with Aetna.

You also need Aetna in the Dallas area because Baylor and UTSW takes Aetna but not UHC. Not sure if you can contract direct with UHC but you can direct contract with Aetna.

Thanks Melmad! Who would of thought that Baylor and UTSW aren't in the network.

What a POS.

How's the BCBS Advantage plan? Is it any good?

From what I remember about Dallas area, UHC had zero competition for many years, espec after Humana exited the market. UHC had/s an exclusive with "Medical Edge" medical group and those docs push it. Healthspring had some of the PCPs on the HMO, but not all. UHC is much stronger in the WESTERN metroplex, Collin Cty network more robust, better demographics. I put a a woman into Humana from UHC once. The fairplex area doc dissed it. She went right back to UHC. I also lost some mesquite area folk to Humana PPO. To me, Dallas ppl seem more willing to pay more than San Antonio area folk. Aetna just added Baylor system about a year ago, a big plus I'm sure in Dallas and surrounding suburbs. They may also offer a PPO. I don't know how much training these FMOs actually give you. Some promise a lot of training, but don't really follow through. You might be wise to go DIRECT. Aetna and Humana allow it. Not sure about UHC. I have the name of the DIRECT Aetna agent at home if you need it.

Last edited:
UHC and Aetna for sure. Care N Care if you work Tarrant County (highest rated plan with 4.5 stars, $0 premium PPO with $3,400 MOOP, and Nolan Ryan as their very visible spokesman). Maybe Humana.

BCBS has a very good network. Their negatives are no Baylor and no $0 premium option. ($34 and $54). As of now only Aetna, Humana, and newly Baylor-acquired Scott and White are in-network with Baylor system.

Last edited:
Back