Medicare advantage plans

I’m just wondering what is normal for chargebacks? Do people get several chargebacks per month or is that too much?

If you are getting a lot of chargebacks, it should only be because you are doing a whole lot of enrollments. They will happen, but it shouldn't be too often. Primary cause for mine is people dying. And the occasional call center switching somebody.

Where are these enrolled going? Are they returning to original Medicare? Are they switching to another MAPD?
It’s possible that someone affiliated with the carrier you enrolled them with, is flipping them to a different plan from the same carrier. This often happens with my Humana , Aetna and United Healthcare business.
I usually find a way to get my client back with me, but sometimes I’m unable to if I don’t have an election period available.
You have to sternly warn your client that this WILL happen. They will get a phone call and they will switch them to a supposedly better plan.
Tell your clients to disregard any such calls and to contact only you about switching plans.

Sell yourself. Dont focus on the plan you’re putting them on as much as the fact that they will now have a local agent to represent them and help them.
Warn them that telemarketers will call, trying to switch them. Have them call you if they are thinking of changing plans.

The carrier tracks this closely and can cancel your contract.

Ive never had a personal experience with that, nor do I know anyone who has. But I could see why a carrier might do that, just to cut out the wasted time of processing.

Ive never had a personal experience with that, nor do I know anyone who has. But I could see why a carrier might do that, just to cut out the wasted time of processing.
CMS tracks rapid disenrollments and that factors into the star ratings-------

CMS tracks rapid disenrollments and that factors into the star ratings-------

About 2 hours ago I got an inbound call, a guy wanting an aarp plan. I look into it, his plan history, he’s had about 4 different plans already this year. Last year was the same.

He said when he gets a call, he listens to what an agent has to say, but this time he is gonna stick with it.

He also said a few days ago his car was stolen with his wallet and phone. He called me on his nephews phone.

So, I suppose there is a chance he won’t listen to call center pitches anymore, since he doesn’t have a phone

About 2 hours ago I got an inbound call, a guy wanting an aarp plan. I look into it, his plan history, he’s had about 4 different plans already this year. Last year was the same.

He said when he gets a call, he listens to what an agent has to say, but this time he is gonna stick with it.

He also said a few days ago his car was stolen with his wallet and phone. He called me on his nephews phone.

So, I suppose there is a chance he won’t listen to call center pitches anymore, since he doesn’t have a phone

I give that a 20% chance of sticking.

Back