Medicare Educational Seminar

I was invited to do an educational seminar for a local community organization. I'm pretty excited about potential lead generation. However I know that I really can't have my hand out for leads at an educational event. Anyways, I was wondering if there is a template of an educational presentation that I can have to make sure I'm compliant with CMS regulation.

Thanks.

I was invited to do an educational seminar for a local community organization. I'm pretty excited about potential lead generation. However I know that I really can't have my hand out for leads at an educational event. Anyways, I was wondering if there is a template of an educational presentation that I can have to make sure I'm compliant with CMS regulation.

Thanks.

I assume you're talking about MA/MAPD/PDP?

I'm pretty sure you have to register these with CMS if you have any intention of selling anything, but it may have changed.

I'm pretty sure you have to register these with CMS if you have any intention of selling anything, but it may have changed.

Wouldn't this info be covered in the Certification process. It's been several years since I was certified, but I remember all this being covered and I'm sure each company has their own guidelines.

Wouldn't this info be covered in the Certification process. It's been several years since I was certified, but I remember all this being covered and I'm sure each company has their own guidelines.

Last time I took AHIP it would have been a big fat nope. Maybe three years ago? I don't think they've gotten nicer since.

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about the generic content of presentation if your planning to just explain the A,B,C,D of Medicare just don't appear to promote MA over Med sup or vice versa. Just the Facts. What you need to make sure you do is file the event within the window allowed by CMS ( 15 days?)and do not convey in anyway that you are trying to get audience members to call you about buying insurance. Only give business cards ( business cards cannot contain any marketing material or list any carriers name ) when asked for one and do not staple it to any of the educational material that you make available to audience members and do not put your name of phone number on any educational material. Conduct the event like you would if you knew a secret shopper was there because they possibly could be since it's filed with CMS

Personally I wouldn't consider at an educational event as a lead generator but if it doesn't cost anything for you to conduct it then it is certainly better to do it in the long run then not have any activity going on at all to get your name out there.

I do them once a month. Definitely register them with CMS. You WILL have secret shoppers at your event. They are easy to spot.

Just treat it like you are there to teach with no bias and no intent of ever selling anything. Do NOT mention that you can pass out cards but someone will always ask for one and as soon as they do most others will ask. Many will call you if you do a good job of presenting the materials.

Back