Medicare Plan "F" or ???

I get it - didn't think you were. Just being introspective and wondering if my thinking about the issues is projected too much, or wondering if I don't emphasize the possible downsides enough.

Projecting and assuming can really complicate things. I used to do it a lot. I try to catch myself when getting too forceful but sometimes it slips through.

When you have spent as many years in this business as I have, and have had more complaints about mangled care plans than anything else (including rate increases), you might be as jaded as I am when it comes to those 3 letter plans.

Some agents would rather project their own attitudes about money management and access to care on their clients rather than asking the client what THEY would want in a situation. That works until your client is facing a crisis and they suddenly realize their plan doesn't work the way they thought it should.

Caveat, not an agent.

This is a great description of @FLM2's efforts to project his own personal experiences with MAPD to others in some of the last "discussions" we had.

Many older folks are risk averse and many are less willing to follow a path that can expose them to unexpected large outlays of cash. They make a budget and plan to stick with it.

This is an excellent point which I am glad to see mentioned here.

I have been unable to convince others of its validity in conversations about another type of insurance.

I get it - didn't think you were. Just being introspective and wondering if my thinking about the issues is projected too much, or wondering if I don't emphasize the possible downsides enough.

I could probably add a little more emphasis on it. Not sure that would change the outcome of what they choose but I probably do need to tweak the conversations a bit.

It seems to me that if you choose to sell both products you have to give folks the opportunity to buy both. Maybe more emphasis on careful presenting rather than just emphasis on emphases?

Caveat, not an agent.

This is a great description of @FLM2's efforts to project his own personal experiences with MAPD to others in some of the last "discussions" we had.

I hope our forum Wikipedia doesn't haunt me also when brining up discussions we had 3 years ago.

I'm wrong on Mondays and Thurs, and right the other 8 days of the week, and i am known to change my mind daily....

I'm wrong on Mondays and Thurs, and right the other 8 days of the week, and i am known to change my mind daily....

Eqd19U8iuqLluBNwxF2DzFWSAsKAaYFAqMn9-7pmOzzvurCkPwXwIOJaolQhEyHC07SerDJw1pkl

One more point of clarification - and this may be what rubbed you the wrong way.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do this....

If while taking the app... the screen is loading, or you are in between sections or whatever... to casually bring it up is probably the best approach. i.e., "we're doing this - but at some point in the future we may want to discuss this other option which you may not be familiar with... it's called MSA and it's a similar type of product with some key differences - we can talk details about it later if that's ok."

In other words - we're on the call to do the app -- we're doing the app. But we're at a stall and I want to plant the seed... shouldn't be a problem.

This is a great comment. I don't know exactly where it got fitted into the conversation, but I had another agent do exactly that for a Med Supp when I was buying a different product. And - consumer perspective here - it is an absolutely insidious thing. Up until a couple of days before I finally made the decision to make the Hi-F purchase I just made, I was trying to decide if I should be changing my mind and following that other suggestion instead. This other agent sold me exactly what I wanted and we had agreed on in terms of other non-med supp coverage and then worked that other comment in, and it is just ----- There! :laugh:

The whole transaction was handled far differently than this Med Supp purchase I just went through. Your comment above shows me a) your insights once again, and b) that the MSA sales talk I got preceeding the application I expected to deal with was divine retribution for telling you you should have tried to sell an MSA when you posted about a sale 2-3 years ago. :D

Back