Medicare Prescription Payment Plan

Imagine the calls from clients calling because xyz insurance company keeps calling them, harassing them etc etc, because they missed their Rx payment....... "I ain't paying them nothing they can go......".

They will love it because they get it "free" at the pharmacy.....they will hate the bill that comes after it.

It also places a lot of responsibility on the carrier to fund someone's meds for a year in the promise that they get paid back......we all know how this will end :)

Now imagine someone new to medicare, they take an expensive medication like Humira, bill for month one is $3300.. This is a real world conversation I had with someone this week.

Imagine the calls from clients calling because xyz insurance company keeps calling them, harassing them etc etc, because they missed their Rx payment....... "I ain't paying them nothing they can go......".

They will love it because they get it "free" at the pharmacy.....they will hate the bill that comes after it.
The $160 monthly bill is way preferable to a one time charge of $3300..

If its $3,300 for the month, then its $3,300. Not $160.00.......if they only take for one month then it would be $275 per month.

More likely it would be "I took it, tried it and didn't like it/didn't work etc so I don't need to pay for it"

If its $3,300 for the month, then its $3,300. Not $160.00.......if they only take for one month then it would be $275 per month.

More likely it would be "I took it, tried it and didn't like it/didn't work etc so I don't need to pay for it"

You're not understanding, $3,300 is the maximum out of pocket this year, after that they pay $0 and hit catastrophic coverage.

Humira is a tier 5 drug with copays ranging 27-30% ish..

Next year when the max is $2,000 they would pay $160 a month for the same drug coverage, which is preferable?

Next year when the max is $2,000 they would pay $160 a month for the same drug coverage, which is preferable?

At this point then we should just charge all seniors $160 per month and provide them with the meds then and scrap Part D all together with a $0 copay at the pharmacy......

I'd sign up for that all day long :)

At this point then we should just charge all seniors $160 per month and provide them with the meds then and scrap Part D all together with a $0 copay at the pharmacy......

I'd sign up for that all day long :)

You would charge someone who takes Tier 1 drugs only $160 a month? Interesting

It also places a lot of responsibility on the carrier to fund someone's meds for a year in the promise that they get paid back......we all know how this will end

And the pharmacy is in the middle . . . trying to reconcile what the customer paid vs what the pharmacy paid the PBM for the Rx.

Can I say Chinese fire drill without getting heat from the DEI crowd?

Back