Medicare Primary, FEHB Secondary

Many fehb retirees can suspend the plan to go to mapd and return later in life without underwriting. Obviously they need Part B tho.

Not at all. I think the last person I spoke to had A and B and their FEHB coverage.

Wouldn’t FEHB count as creditable though so their wouldn’t be a LEP?

I was really just trying to understand if there was a scenario where something like a $0 MAPD makes more sense financially than sticking with FEHB

Many fehb retirees can suspend the plan to go to mapd and return later in life without underwriting. Obviously they need Part B tho.

i did read that. Is there any time limit on how long they have to switch back? Could they have an MAPD for 5 years for instance and then still go back to FEHB?

As far as I know it is unlimited. I always make them hear it straight from the horses mouth for obvious reasons.

I was referred someone who is a widow turning 65 who will qualify for FEHB. My question is, who in the FEHB system can support her in choosing her FEHB plan? I am just doing a favor in talking to the woman for my client who mostly doesn't understand that I can't adequately analyze which FEHB plan the T65 widow should enroll in. I don't mind a bit of time to help someone but I really can't get involved in looking at the plans. Just for a sense of it, looked and there is an enormous spreadsheet with plan after plan. Not licensed for it, can't take that on.

Not at all. I think the last person I spoke to had A and B and their FEHB coverage.

Wouldn’t FEHB count as creditable though so their wouldn’t be a LEP?

I was really just trying to understand if there was a scenario where something like a $0 MAPD makes more sense financially than sticking with FEHB

Not credible because not actively employed. BTW in many areas now FEHB offers MA with full part B rebate

Not credible because not actively employed. BTW in many areas now FEHB offers MA with full part B rebate
Just the quick research I did took me to a place to download state by state list of plans, egad, big spreadsheet. There must be someone at FEHB that could describe the plan options to a retiree, right?
The MAPD with Part B rebate seems helpful.
And, yes, there is no end to my goodness. :1cute:

Just the quick research I did took me to a place to download state by state list of plans, egad, big spreadsheet. There must be someone at FEHB that could describe the plan options to a retiree, right?
The MAPD with Part B rebate seems helpful.
And, yes, there is no end to my goodness. :1cute:

I thought they had a full reimbursement MA plan but maybe not - they do offer these that offer partial rebate but they are not MA plans

Blue Cross Basic: Will Reimburse $800/person (as of 2022)

Details: [EXTERNAL LINK] - Preparing for Medicare

Aetna Direct: Will reimburse $900/person (as of 2022)

Details: https://www.aetnafeds.com/aetna-direct.php

Back