Medicare Supplement Mailers. Who Do You Use and What Type of Card

Re: Medicare Supplement Mailers. Who Do You Use and What Type of

I don't know about other states but in indiana there isn't a whole lot of numbers to call that aren't already on the DNC list and I am sure they get hammered with calls.

In Portland, Oregon an agent I work with ordered 1,000 names - all but 98 people were on the DNC list. Of those 98 people 27 eventually answered their phone.

Not only is the DNC list continually growing, but more and more people are getting rid of their land lines and replacing them with cell phones. Eventually just about everyone will have cell phones and/or be on the DNC list, which will make it almost impossible to cold call.

Both cold calling and direct mail have been very profitable for me over the years, but I've seen a big drop off in the effectiveness of cold calling over the last five years and that hasn't been the case with direct mail. Just my personal experience though...

Last edited:
Re: Medicare Supplement Mailers. Who Do You Use and What Type of

Frank, when is the last time that you purchased a list and worked it by cold calling and when is that last time you used any other lead source?

Back