Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs N

Whoops. Yea I forgot OP was trying to choose between two different companies. OP probably went to yahoo answers.

Not just 2 different companies, but Med Supps. You seemed to be insinuating that to beat BCBS and UHC, you'd have to use a MAPD. That's not the case. There are at least 20 better Med Supp options than those 2.

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

Since both those carriers allow switching from n to f down the road with no underwriting and still maintain original age band for pricing I usually recommend starting with n unless there are extenuating circumstances.Biggest deciding factor after current premiums is rate history.

Med supp is the easier part why you really should have an agent for is to help you navigate the cluster muck that is part D.You do know that your med supp and part d card dont have to be from the same carrier right?

See all the useful information you get for free from a licensed agent! The price for our service is already built in to the premium whether you use an agent or DIY.Oh and if you DIY and screw up you have no one to blame but yourself however agents are held accountable by the DOI and CMS to provide accurate and suitable advice.

Since both those carriers allow switching from n to f down the road with no underwriting and still maintain original age band for pricing I usually recommend starting with n unless there are extenuating circumstances.Biggest deciding factor after current premiums is rate history.

Med supp is the easier part why you really should have an agent for is to help you navigate the cluster muck that is part D.You do know that your med supp and part d card dont have to be from the same carrier right?

See all the useful information you get for free from a licensed agent! The price for our service is already built in to the premium whether you use an agent or DIY.Oh and if you DIY and screw up you have no one to blame but yourself however agents are held accountable by the DOI and CMS to provide accurate and suitable advice.

Ill Market is much dif then FL. In FL AARP plan N is usually the best buy. In ILL pricing is much dif as well as what those premiums will look like in comparison to other carriers after few years.

In ILL BC and AARP are only the best buy when someone is not healthy enough to qualify for better options

Ill Market is much dif then FL. In FL AARP plan N is usually the best buy. In ILL pricing is much dif as well as what those premiums will look like in comparison to other carriers after few years.

In ILL BC and AARP are only the best buy when someone is not healthy enough to qualify for better options

This guy knows his stuff.

Back