Medicare Supplement Underwriting ?

I guess different companies use different wording on the HIPPA form. For instance, Cigna's also says this: However, MIB, Inc., information will only be shared with
the Company’s underwriting staff and Medical Director.

I've seen several get it wrong...it's HIPAA.;)

As if we didn't already now that. I was just trying to see if anyone would catch it...

----------

No, I sign as agent.

Maybe you don't know how to ask?

I have very few declines, except where the applicant lied. With a dozen years in IFP I might have had half a dozen declines. Probably about that many Medigap apps but over a shorter time frame. A couple of those because the applicant lied about medications that showed up in the Rx report.

That being said the worst carrier to get anything out of, including when the app is pended for information, is Aetna.

What supp companies freely give you info about decline reasons? Medico is the only one that makes a call to me to tell me the exact reason anytime there is a decline. Sometimes I can talk Philly into it depending on the underwriter.

I guess you agents with limited experience have declines. After you've working with Medicare supps for about 3 months you know how to submit clean business.

Rick

What supp companies freely give you info about decline reasons? Medico is the only one that makes a call to me to tell me the exact reason anytime there is a decline.

Never said they give it out without asking.

No, I sign as agent. Maybe you don't know how to ask? I have very few declines, except where the applicant lied. With a dozen years in IFP I might have had half a dozen declines. Probably about that many Medigap apps but over a shorter time frame. A couple of those because the applicant lied about medications that showed up in the Rx report. That being said the worst carrier to get anything out of, including when the app is pended for information, is Aetna.
lol I was just about to ask you about Aetna...had a decline last week and they wouldn't tell me anything.

Aetna doesn't tell me squat. Haven't submitted an app since early December. Really don't have the time to wait on hold for an hour to get an answer. Maybe their service reps are not as swamped now so wait time is down to 20 minutes.

Submitted 2 apps to Equitable this week (open enrollment). Both approved same day within hours of submission. Looking to increase the number of apps I submit to them this year.

Back