Medicare Supplements going independent suggestions

Not sure that was even around in my carousing days,,,

MD 20/20 (A Mogen David brand), Ripple, Tbird and Annie Green Springs were all around in the late 60's to early 70's.

The iconic Annie Green Springs brand of wine, one of the most popular and best selling wines in America in the 1970’s and a favorite on college campuses across the Country, will be returning to the market, rolling out this Winter.
https://wineindustryadvisor.com/2017/07/27/annie-green-springs-return

MD 20/20 (A Mogen David brand), Ripple, Tbird and Annie Green Springs were all around in the late 60's to early 70's.

The iconic Annie Green Springs brand of wine, one of the most popular and best selling wines in America in the 1970’s and a favorite on college campuses across the Country, will be returning to the market, rolling out this Winter.
https://wineindustryadvisor.com/2017/07/27/annie-green-springs-return
Sounds as if you may have some expertise with cheap wines.. :)

Glen’s book is great summary of what you can learn digging through this forum. You could have gotten it for free trial subbing to Kindle unlimited.

I agree with the overall sentiment. Find out what you want to market.

If it’s Medicare, you should go to CMS.gov and look up MA Penetration rates. Anything over mid 20’s, you’re may want to consider getting AHIP certified for MA, but it’s up to you.

Then, go to CSG Actuarial and free trial your state/area. Run a quote and run Market Analytics to see who the major players are in your state. Look at the carriers that are on the least expensive side. Usually, you’re competing against BSBC and AARP/UHC.

Run quotes for 65-77, m/f, smoker/non smoker in 5 year intervals. You’ll see mostly the same players on the lower end.

Do research on rating increases and financial strength for lowest 5 carriers. You should be able to narrow down to 2-3 carriers to start.

Figure out your marketing plan. That’s legit going to drive a lot of what you do. Personally, I believe in mastering one lead type before moving to adding a second.

For example, I’m a content marketer. Primarily creating content for my website is where I spend my time. While I do trickles of Youtube content, it’s used to enhance my website content, not a developed plan atm.

After you have your product and marketing plan on point, reach out to a few FMO’s. Don’t sign with the first person.

Ultimately, plan... research.. plan again.

Using data to drive decisions vs just doing what everyone else does. It’ll save you money and time in the long term.

Also, don’t be afraid to try (In very cost controlled quantities) things people say won’t work. There’s nothing wrong with trying things, just don’t invest enough to break you without proof of concept.

Diversity in marketing in great, but don’t try to do everything you can at first. This whole process can be a bit overwhelming.

Thank you. I did find out what the MA penetration was on my area is but never tried CSG actuarial at all. Will do. I really like the idea to allow research to drive decisions. Thank you

Thank you. I did find out what the MA penetration was on my area is but never tried CSG actuarial at all. Will do. I really like the idea to allow research to drive decisions. Thank you

CSG is free for two weeks. New Horizon gives it to you for free when you contract with them. It’s definitely a great tool. Especially with market data. For example, I don’t sell AARP or BCBS. They tend to have the highest rates in my markets, so I can be competitive

I really like the idea to allow research to drive decisions.

I do the research for my prospective and actual clients. I give prospectives a report showing ALL the carrier rates for a particular plan, then let them decide.

If you get into the weeds too much with folks you lose them. Things like loss ratio's, market share, and especially the CSG rate increase histories may help you but I would NEVER show that to a client.

Some folks like to dissect to the point of absurdity.

I offer more than they get from most agents but never get into a lot of depth.

Most are satisfied knowing they did not pay too much.

I do the research for my prospective and actual clients. I give prospectives a report showing ALL the carrier rates for a particular plan, then let them decide.

If you get into the weeds too much with folks you lose them. Things like loss ratio's, market share, and especially the CSG rate increase histories may help you but I would NEVER show that to a client.

Some folks like to dissect to the point of absurdity.

I offer more than they get from most agents but never get into a lot of depth.

Most are satisfied knowing they did not pay too much.

I agree. I when I say “use data to make decision” it means making business decisions on my end. Over-explaining to a client makes them glaze over and you lose them.

Back