Meritus, Arizona's Co-op Also Failing

I particularly liked the guy who blamed it all on Republicans.

The Republicans allowed Mitt Romney to be their candidate to run against Obama. That was sucide. They offered no decent choice.

Health insurance co-op order means 59,000 must find coverage - ABC15 Arizona

The orders show the two Meritus groups, a PPO and an HMO, lost a combined $22 million from Jan. 1 through Sept. 31 and if the losses continued it would eventually become insolvent.

Meritus is spending about $2 million a month more than it currently takes in from premiums, chief operating officer Jim Walsh said in an interview Monday. But that loss was part of the startup nonprofit's business plan as it gains business and the firm has $30 million on hand -- enough to keep operating through 2016 if the company doesn't see improving profitability as it expects.

The company cut staff in August to save $12 million a year and increased premiums for 2016 at the request of the Department of Insurance.

"This really is all about not if we have enough cash to get between now and the end of the year," Walsh said. "It's about are we going to make it in 2016 and would it be messy for them if we went out of business."

The Republicans allowed Mitt Romney to be their candidate to run against Obama. That was sucide. They offered no decent choice.

Who will be able to beat Hillary??? Trump is richer than Romney. Hillary will make Carson look like a baby sucking the nipple, in debates. Rubio needs to smile more. Though he might be able to go head-to-head with the iron lady on a stage.

Who will be able to beat Hillary??? Trump is richer than Romney. Hillary will make Carson look like a baby sucking the nipple, in debates. Rubio needs to smile more. Though he might be able to go head-to-head with the iron lady on a stage.

I don't think Trump being richer than most politicians is a bad thing. I think any of them other than Jeb can beat Hillary. I do wish Ben Carson had a little bit of a personality though. .

Back