Michael Nutter Highlights Medicare Advantage for Seniors

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Our old mayor... Not sure about this... I wonder how much he's being paid to tout this?

Medicare Advantage covers dental, hearing, prescription drugs and vision and has an out-of-pocket cap to protect consumers from huge co-pays. While more than 250,000 people in Philadelphia quality for Medicare, only about 112,000 are on a Medicare Advantage plan.

“The reality of that is many Philadelphia seniors are not getting the most comprehensive health coverage that is readily available to them, which is part of the reason why we want to be in this market,” said Nutter, who serves as a senior advisor for Clover Health.

has an out-of-pocket cap to protect consumers

Most GA plans cap OOP approved IN NETWORK claims @ $6700 and about half the plans are HMO.

From BLS average income
  • 65 years and older: $904 weekly/$47,008 annually
Here’s how much the average American earns at every age

Coming up with $6700 and faced with the possibility of changing docs mid-treatment is not going to happen.

Average savings account
  • 65-74: $10,000
  • 75+: $11,000
What Is the Average Savings Account Balance? - SmartAsset

Our old mayor... Not sure about this... I wonder how much he's being paid to tout this?

Medicare Advantage covers dental, hearing, prescription drugs and vision and has an out-of-pocket cap to protect consumers from huge co-pays. While more than 250,000 people in Philadelphia quality for Medicare, only about 112,000 are on a Medicare Advantage plan.

“The reality of that is many Philadelphia seniors are not getting the most comprehensive health coverage that is readily available to them, which is part of the reason why we want to be in this market,” said Nutter, who serves as a senior advisor for Clover Health.
I saw this too. I figured he'd be tied with IBC, but he's on Team Clover!

Back