Misrepresenting Employer Based Coverage

Considering I have found it's a common practice to misrepresent the availability of employer based health insurance coverage for the purpose of obtaining Obamacare, I'd like to know the opinion of the forum on it's consequences.
I sincerely doubt that the Marketplace will call millions of employers to verify anything and at tax time I can't figure out how a clawback would come into place.
Hi you gurus,
I'm revisiting this question I posted some time ago. Considering that millions probably have already filed tax returns and a bunch mesrepresented that their employers had not offered health insurance and applied for Obamacare, I have the following question: has anybody ran into an actual circumstance that the tax return has flagged this issue and as such applied penalties or clawbacks?
This leads me into another situation I've also doubted. What happens if you don't meet the minimum FPL at the end of the year? Well, I ran through a mock app on Turbotax, underestimating by 50% the required input for ACA eligibility (full 1095 inputs( and "nothing" happened, no penaties or clawbacks.
Any opinions?

This leads me into another situation I've also doubted. What happens if you don't meet the minimum FPL at the end of the year?

That is correct. If you fall below 100% FPL in non expanded states you are not going to be penalized.

The other "misrepresented that their employers had not offered health coverage" I don't have any first hand knowledge. Sorry.

This is the first year employers are reporting insurance coverage or availability on 1095B's and C's.
Not due til end of March.
IRS won't match up until summer audits.
You're phone may start ringing in late summer.

This is the first year employers are reporting insurance coverage or availability on 1095B's and C's.
Not due til end of March.
IRS won't match up until summer audits.
You're phone may start ringing in late summer.

Phone has been ringing off the hook all month with people eager to do their tax returns and requesting their 1095. Every day I tell them the carrier will send it when it's ready (March 31), I can't provide it, and they don't need it in the first place.

We thought no one knew about OEP deadlines, this is on another level.

As with anything the IRS does, it can wait and question later. Audits usually come after 3 years, not during the year in question. Penalties are assessed back to day one. I think it's still a bit early for the you know what to hit the fan on this stuff. B.ut it will come

Back