Moo Declines Coverage After Sending Email Saying It Was Issued

PaulB

Wrote a policy with Moo back in the beginning of January and a few days later as per norm, received an email stating it was approved and issued. Called the client to let him know. The draft date was for January 26th and in looking at my commission schedule a few days ago, saw I hadn't been paid. So I called Moo and the commission dept said to talk to the underwriter. So I called the underwriter and was told that she had made a mistake. She stated she had sent the wrong email and the application was actually declined. No notification to me nor to the client in over a month. No decline letter sent, nothing. The whole thing was sitting in limbo. Anyone else ever had this happen? I probably won't ever use them again.

Wrote a policy with Moo back in the beginning of January and a few days later as per norm, received an email stating it was approved and issued. Called the client to let him know. The draft date was for January 26th and in looking at my commission schedule a few days ago, saw I hadn't been paid. So I called Moo and the commission dept said to talk to the underwriter. So I called the underwriter and was told that she had made a mistake. She stated she had sent the wrong email and the application was actually declined. No notification to me nor to the client in over a month. No decline letter sent, nothing. The whole thing was sitting in limbo. Anyone else ever had this happen? I probably won't ever use them again.

Tell me it was not a replacement case.

I had something similar happen with a Medicare Supplement I wrote with AFLAC. They called me and told me the policy was issued. I asked if I could call the guy and tell him he had the policy and they said yes. I called him and told him. Three days later I got an e-mail saying they need more info from the Dr. To make a long story short....he didn't get the policy. He was pissed!

AFLAC pulled out of the Medicare Supplement business shortly after, but I wouldn't have used them again. I moved the policies I had with them to other companies, except for one that couldn't qualify to change. I would never use them again for anything!

Well, that's what you get for selling a little mom and popper like MOO. Stick to large, well known companies with "A" ratings and you won't have these problems.;)

Its a real shame no one ever warned people that underwriting at MOO is not your friend...

I've written 1 FE policy with MOO and it was a replacement. It was issued and I was advanced commission. Hadn't heard anything from them or seen any bank deposits since so I logged into their website. There is no record that the client, application or policy ever existed. Even if client cancelled or replaced I would think there would be a record somewhere. After attending a training with some of their people, I'd never touch them again.

Back