I just read Sbli eliminating credit cards after 7/28

Yes, DE business is going away on Friday the 28th. It was never intended to launch with DE business and we were surprised when it did. We said from the very beginning to not expect DE/CC to be accepted for long.

I had an hour long Zoom with Jim Morgan, SBLI's President yesterday to address the top priorities for this product. This product isn't going anywhere. They love the business - it has many benefits for them to keep it long term. It's a hedge against their traditional term business/capital requirements and are working closely with reinsurance on mortality data to adjust underwriting/pricing when needed. So far, so good.

They're in talks with a known TPA to take over their billing that does true social security billing with carriers many of us write. We said even if they need to raise prices, this should be the #1 priority.

They're very aware of the issues and are working to fix them. A well known and respected CIO starts on Monday that is taking charge to remedy the shortcomings.

It's a very competitive product and lots of agencies are leading with it using EFT only. It will only get better from here.

Hope they don't change too many things. Price increases alone can blow up a useful product.

Hope they don't change too many things. Price increases alone can blow up a useful product.

They aren’t competitive now. Except on the preferred plan. And smokers can’t get that.

They were a nice alternative to Trans for non smoker DE. Now they aren’t.

They aren’t competitive now. Except on the preferred plan. And smokers can’t get that.

They were a nice alternative to Trans for non smoker DE. Now they aren’t.

Use prosperity for that . I think lumico takes de ? Also Cincinnati equitable ? CO’s just don’t want de business . Honestly with trans and prosperity it’s worked well .I haven’t written a Trans in yrs . With the Gi CO’s who bill days late it’s garbage .

Use prosperity for that . I think lumico takes de ? Also Cincinnati equitable ? CO’s just don’t want de business . Honestly with trans and prosperity it’s worked well .I haven’t written a Trans in yrs . With the Gi CO’s who bill days late it’s garbage .

Prosperity is not all that competitive. I use CinnEq some. I just used Trinity for a DE smoker. Decent rates.

I wouldn't care if I never wrote DE either. Lumico does take DE because I've replaced a bunch of it. I'm not writing Lumico. I believe them to be a crooked company.

Prosperity is not all that competitive. I use CinnEq some. I just used Trinity for a DE smoker. Decent rates.

I wouldn't care if I never wrote DE either. Lumico does take DE because I've replaced a bunch of it. I'm not writing Lumico. I believe them to be a crooked company.

If you don’t write 4 regular for that 1 de with Trinity Alvin will be sending you a letter telling you get on it. They got strict 20% ratio . I actually find them very easy to deal with and very good customer service using investors heritage . If you have bounced de or new card # you just email it in and they respond quickly it’s done

If you don’t write 4 regular for that 1 de with Trinity Alvin will be sending you a letter telling you get on it. They got strict 20% ratio . I actually find them very easy to deal with and very good customer service using investors heritage . If you have bounced de or new card # you just email it in and they respond quickly it’s done

I understand Trinity very well. I've been contracted with them for 10 years. I made them my goto in 2014 after RNA jumped the shark. That only lasted about 6 months. I was looking for a way out.

5 years ago Alvin called me and told me he didn't want my DE or insulin users business. So they get almost no business from me now. I think I wrote 1 in 2022? But maybe none? I have written 2 this year. I really expected them to say on the phone interview that I couldn't proceed since it was DE. But they didn't.

Back