Imo/fmo lead requirement..Worth it?

DigitalBGA says: "1) Must be willing to take at least 10 leads/day". Leads are $67 for TV call-in. 50 leads a week at $67 is $3,350 per week. $750 will barely get you to Tuesday.

Even if it was half that, 50 * $33 = $1650/week. Wednesday morning.

Commit, no, and not through the IMO, but isn't spending $750/week about what people should expect to pony up?? That's about 20 leads a week. I hear @jdeasy has been buying 20 leads a week since Eisenhower was in office.

15 per week.

of course having more money to start is preferred. But not a necessity.

most don’t have money to start.

The IMO that is requesting $750 per week is DBGA, so that's the reason for all of that requirement. Good outfit, they just work differently due to being all telesales.

The other looks to be Ben Boman and his lead program, which doesn't have to be done that way as he has several options.

Both are solid outfits.

Both very different. OP needs told decide on telesales or face-to-face. If they're going telesales, then DBGA is the way to go. If they're going face-to-face, they have lots of options and Boman is not a terrible choice.

DigitalBGA says: "1) Must be willing to take at least 10 leads/day". Leads are $67 for TV call-in. 50 leads a week at $67 is $3,350 per week. $750 will barely get you to Tuesday.

Even if it was half that, 50 * $33 = $1650/week. Wednesday morning.

Yep..these are some things I have to take in consideration. They did mention that I could purchase a minimum of 40 outbound leads for $15, so that would be about $640. Plus I have to get licensed in other states for this to work. If anybody here is on the program it would be nice to see how their fairing, although I know everyone is different. I loved their representative and program though, it sounds promising.

Commit, no, and not through the IMO, but isn't spending $750/week about what people should expect to pony up?? That's about 20 leads a week. I hear @jdeasy has been buying 20 leads a week since Eisenhower was in office.

Thanks. I know you have to invest money, and was willing but I didn't think I would have to pay this out every week. Also you have to be on deck full time from 9-6, after that, system shuts down. That doesn't sound too independent to me but more so call center-ish. But I still like their program and believe its made to succeed. I still haven't totally ruled them out. It's just some things I didn't take in consideration.

Last edited:
Both very different. OP needs told decide on telesales or face-to-face. If they're going telesales, then DBGA is the way to go. If they're going face-to-face, they have lots of options and Boman is not a terrible choice.

I don't mind both. I originally wanted what was going to be quick access but upon further thinking, if I did telesales all day I would miss face 2 face. But I have no problem with both. All I did was telemarket and sell Life, Mapd and PC through State Farm for 4 years. But got a bit bored with the pc side because all sells was thru phone..customers hardly come in.

Also, the other issue is although I was looking for a company with a decent lead program, these companies need full time hours. Its just not sounding independent to me. I did contact them because they do seem to have a decent training/support program. I guess I will just have to pick my poison.

You keep talking about this fmo or that IMO . Staring in your face is newby on here . He has fixed cost leads , weekly Pow wow calls . 2 of his agents are going back and forth with you on here . I’m sure they got agents in your area you can ride with . 95% of agents fail . Are you one of the 95% or the 5% ? Will you do whatever it takes to succeed? Of course your going to say yes . Talk is cheap get out there and do it .

I don't mind both. I originally wanted what was going to be quick access but upon further thinking, if I did telesales all day I would miss face 2 face. But I have no problem with both. All I did was telemarket and sell Life, Mapd and PC through State Farm for 4 years. But got a bit bored with the pc side because all sells was thru phone..customers hardly come in.

Also, the other issue is although I was looking for a company with a decent lead program, these companies need full time hours. Its just not sounding independent to me. I did contact them because they do seem to have a decent training/support program. I guess I will just have to pick my poison.

I worked with State Farm for a year. Did well, but I hated being chained to a desk. Been doing final expense face to face for 3 years now.

Yes, IMOs want you working full-time if you plan to get on their lead program. Newby can speak to the reasoning behind that, but the short version is fixed cost lead programs are very expensive for IMOs to offer. And they don't want an agent who is not going to produce to be on their lead program.

Not all leads are equal. Don’t give up commission level to be trapped with sub par leads. Make sure if you are giving up 50 points on your commission (70% is 50 points down from 120% and is equal to $2,000 per week in commissions if you are averaging $4,000 per week in sales) they should be supplying you with brand new exclusive direct mail leads (which you could buy yourself for $750 or less.)
If they are giving you Web generated leads (brand new) you are giving up $2,000 in commissions for leads you can buy for $$225 brand new). If they are previously worked direct mail you are giving up $2,000 for $20 to $80 worth of leads.
My point is, if you are giving up your money to get free leads, make sure you know what kind of leads they are committing to. Most likely, you are paying top dollar for leads that cost next to nothing. Not a smart move.

Thank you for breaking this down.
You keep talking about this fmo or that IMO . Staring in your face is newby on here . He has fixed cost leads , weekly Pow wow calls . 2 of his agents are going back and forth with you on here . I’m sure they got agents in your area you can ride with . 95% of agents fail . Are you one of the 95% or the 5% ? Will you do whatever it takes to succeed? Of course your going to say yes . Talk is cheap get out there and do it .

Exactly..95% fail or quit. So I wanted to make sure I'm equipt with everything I need before I spend. I am ready to get out there and get started so I will make a decision by the end of this week. Thank you guys for helping me weight the options. I like all the programs mentioned here in the forums. I was just trying to find out economically what I'm looking at and if it makes sense. I will just have to go ahead and invest and just do it.

Last edited:
Thank you for breaking this down.

Exactly..95% fail or quit. So I wanted to make sure I'm equipt with everything I need before I spend. I am ready to get out there and get started so I will make a decision by the end of this week. Thank you guys for helping me weight the options. I like all the programs mentioned here in the forums. I will just have to go ahead and invest and just do it.

It's higher than 95% that don't make it. I mean really make it. Some survive longer but less than 1% of FE agents write $200K year in and year out.

You are looking at 2 completely different scenarios. Decide if being a telemarketer is your path or face to face. And the IMO choice will be completely different.

But getting ready to get ready is always a failure. Either do it or don't. You can study yourself into analysis paralysis.

I worked with State Farm for a year. Did well, but I hated being chained to a desk. Been doing final expense face to face for 3 years now.

Exactly, why I quit. Plus my commissions and salary were capped. Seems my agent had sone shady ways for trying to sneak mire commissions for herself. For all the sales you do, there really is no rewarding growth unless you are planning to work toward obtaining your own State Farm agency. After that experience, I'm not selling for another captive.

Yes, IMOs want you working full-time if you plan to get on their lead program. Newby can speak to the reasoning behind that, but the short version is fixed cost lead programs are very expensive for IMOs to offer. And they don't want an agent who is not going to produce to be on their lead program.

Got it. Thank you for explaining this.

But getting ready to get ready is always a failure. Either do it or don't. You can study yourself into analysis paralysis.

So true, I don't want to over think this. While I'm going back and forth, I'm not putting the action or money in my pockets. I was just nervous about spending the money starting out since as you say, over 95% fail. But I guess it takes money to make money. Just hoping if I was able make my weekly quota at State Farm, then hopefully I can succeed at this too.

Back