Motivation, Help!!! Divorce, Life... Etc

Find yourself a young, hot, trophy girlfriend. What's wrong with wasting a few thousand dollars getting your mind right!!:cool:

Just throwing this out there to my fellow agents... Our P/C business is the same thing, day in and day out. How do you stay motivated (i'm sure its money) and keep things interesting? I'm going through a divorce and I can not keep my mind on the p/c track. Any others gone through this and how did you get back on track?

I have no advice. I think it would be very difficult to concentrate if that was occuring in my life. Ofcourse, I will have 38 years with my wife in 14 days.

Last edited:
If there are kids, or she never worked, slaking on the production may not be such a bad thing. No need to make your income unnecessarily high at the moment.

The good news is, if you sell life insurance, there's probably two life sales coming in the future.

Last edited:
If there are kids, or she never worked, slaking on the production may not be such a bad thing. No need to make your income necessarily high at the moment.

The good news is, if you sell life insurance, there's probably two life sales coming in the future.

Make less money or try to "hide" money to punish my former wife and children because I made a bad decision? That is totally illogical to me. There is always two sides to every story.

When I got divorced I voluntarily paid a lot more to my former wife and picked up all of the expenses for my children way beyond what any court would have required. I paid off the house, her car and all of her bills, left her with everything in the house except my personal stuff, and gave her half of our investments.

She was gainfully employed, a professor at a college, and made a good salary but I didn't want my children to have to experience a change in their standard of living just because their mother and I decided we didn't want to live together any longer. It sure as hell wasn't their fault. It took a couple of years but I recovered just fine.

Back