Moving to a warm and sunny place, any suggestions for a financial adviser?

Parts of FL are more conducive now than ever in the past due to the downturn in RE values. In some areas where overbuilding and excessive investor investment drove speculation and now foreclosures abound. Foreclosures are commonplace on every block, and excellent deals exist on houses from banks. Things are selling back at 02-03 prices, and lower. So in consideration of housing costs, FL would be near the top of the list. Think Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, (West Coast), Port St. Lucie, (East Coast), Ocala or Sebring, (if you want inland property);just to name a few locations.

I'm sure that Vegas and most parts of TX would offer some excellent RE values as well, but I am less familiar with specifics of what is happening in those markets.

I have lived in many cities in the US, and if money isn't a factor in determining your final destination, then there is no better place than San Diego. By FAR THE BEST CITY IN THE UNITED STATES. Also, it's a great time to buy real estate there now, as there are tons of foreclosures. Plus, San Diego means whales vagina.

Parts of FL are more conducive now than ever in the past due to the downturn in RE values. In some areas where overbuilding and excessive investor investment drove speculation and now foreclosures abound. Foreclosures are commonplace on every block, and excellent deals exist on houses from banks. Things are selling back at 02-03 prices, and lower. So in consideration of housing costs, FL would be near the top of the list. Think Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, (West Coast), Port St. Lucie, (East Coast), Ocala or Sebring, (if you want inland property);just to name a few locations.

I've lived on the West Coast of Florida for sixteen years now.

Port Charlotte? No thanks. Average age in Charlotte County is death (if you exclude the mainly redneck locals).

Cape Coral? Ever been there? A friend of mine had the best description...it looks like it would look about five years after a nuclear holocaust. Vast nothingness.

I have lived in many cities in the US, and if money isn't a factor in determining your final destination, then there is no better place than San Diego. By FAR THE BEST CITY IN THE UNITED STATES. Also, it's a great time to buy real estate there now, as there are tons of foreclosures. Plus, San Diego means whales vagina.

Only according to Will Farrell in "Anchorman", apparently.

I would have to say no. Hell, freaking no. New York rules the world. Don't live there now, but can't think of a better place for overall everything.

I will admit though that I have been cold lately (wimper wimper) and thought to myself how lovely it would be to be in NY with the snow, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and then though, HELL no! I'm cold enough right now! But then, someday!

Plus, NY is just a hop skip and jump away from Europe, where I can get away from all those crazy redneck Americans and even crazier Folsom Street Fair attending liberals!!!

Got the AC on right now. It is 81 out.

How about a different climate every morning instead of just "a warmer climate"? Today it is 81. A week ago we set a record with 3 inches of snow.

At least you have chinatown...

Only according to Will Farrell in "Anchorman", apparently.

I would have to say no. Hell, freaking no. New York rules the world. Don't live there now, but can't think of a better place for overall everything.

I will admit though that I have been cold lately (wimper wimper) and thought to myself how lovely it would be to be in NY with the snow, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and then though, HELL no! I'm cold enough right now! But then, someday!

Plus, NY is just a hop skip and jump away from Europe, where I can get away from all those crazy redneck Americans and even crazier Folsom Street Fair attending liberals!!!

Back