Long story short....family. My wife's mother is not in the best shape mentally and my step daughter is a moron (28 years old and can't hold a job). My Mom and Dad are getting up their in age (75 and 85) and I'm worried about them too.

I lived in the Charlotte area for over 10 years as a younger man and am thinking the Carolina's might be a good place for us (1/2 the distance to Pgh if we need to go).

Hey, you asked

I get it.

I'm currently in CA cleaning out my grandparents house for the estate sale and wondering if I call one of those hoarder shows, do they offer referral fees? I office close to my parents, so I can drop in without strain as needed. And they can drive the 2 blocks to see me. And when they get a new home care person (LTC insurance FTW) or home health provider, I drop in and make sure they know there is someone in the picture and they better not screw up. (You don't want to know what I said to the Home Health PT who refused to show up and told my mom it wasn't her problem. Made my mother cry. It wasn't pretty. But a new PT and the agency owner were there to fix it and kiss my mothers butt in 3 hours. ;) )

At 75 and 85, any drive more than 30 minutes is too much. Either move them to Tampa and get them in a place or go there. My grandparents just passed at 91 this fall. And I promise you, a 4 hour drive isn't going to work. This doesn't get easier as they age. It gets harder every year.

In addition to an IMO for Health, Life and Annuities we are also developing a call center and would love to talk with you if you decide to settle back in the Pgh area. DM me if you would like our contact information.

Back