Multi Site Licensing Question

Colorado Newbie

Super Genius
Kenai, AK
Hello, I have a potential client that has employees in 4 states. My question is will I have to be liscensed in all 4 states to write a group policy? I am liscensed in the state that the head of the company lives in.

thanks for your help in advance!

It will most likely depend on where the group is citased and if you are using a national carrier to write the entire group.... if so and the group's citas is in your "licensed" state, you won't have an issue with being paid.

If you have hobble 4 different plans together, which each one being in another "non-licensed" state, then you're going to have to have a non-res.... the sircon link above is your easiest route. Many states only require a payment, but some will require the pain-in-the-as*" fingerprints, etc.

Good luck.

I just moved to Florida and decided to keep my residency in Colorado and first get my non-res here so I would not loose any time selling because of the release I would have to do. Turns out I dang lucky I did that. Took Florida 2 months to accept me! Had I done it the way the system is set up I would have ahd to go 2 months without working.

So I know exactly where you are coming from when you say "pain-in-the-as*" fingerprints, etc"

I recently needed to get my non-resident Arizona P&C license. Once you do one, you might as well pick up several.

I was amazed at how easy the process was to get out of state licenses. A few clicks, a few $$$$, and now I can sell in several states. And once you need one license in a state, heck, it seems to cost about the same to get P&C and your health license. For Ohio, it cost me about $6 to get fully licensed, including variable annuities. Woohoo...

Don't be intimidated to get out of state licenses. Don't spend the money unless you have a need.

Dan

I only pick up states when I need to. so far I'm in 6 states now. The way I see it if it's worth the few extra bucks why not go ahead and get appointed

You can write the master application where the company headquarters is located and this has already been said. If you go to the employees in the different states and enroll them locally in voluntary benefits or a state specific plan then you will need a non-resident license in the state where you are enrolling. You may have enrollers sign them up and you will need to be licensed in those states. I have several non-resident licenses and I can tell you some will take a while and others are pretty quick. It costs more in some states and some states like OH it's very inexpensive.

Like everyone else said. The master contract is being done in your licensed state then you are squared away.

Back