Mutual of Omaha Interview

Oct 2, 2007

Tags:
  1. DanielCobb

DanielCobb New Member

Greetings Forum,

1st time post here! I'm meeting with a Regional Sales Manager at Mutual of Omaha on Thursday this week. I currently own my own Mortgage company and I am considering an industry change. I have many friends who sell AFLAC, and are very successful.

I'm curious, the position I'm meeting about was explained to me as a Business to Business sales position. I would essentially be calling on Agents to create relationships and push MOA products for them to sell. In the mortgage business it's called an Account Executive. It's a base salary, but very heavily commissioned. This is what I'm looking for. CAn anyone shed some light on this type of position?

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

2. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    I had not heard of this recruiter position, is it well advertised on the net? I would not mind looking into it... it further solidifies the point that I think Mutual is headed down the broker-only path and is getting away from the career agency system, maybe. What do you guys think? I think a lot of companies are getting away from career agencies, too much overhead. Way easier to go out and recruit a bunch of brokers, let the brokers cover the overhead and administration on a local level. Smart, actually.

3. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    Oh, and also, I noticed Colonial had advertised for a similar recruiting position in my area.