My personal experience with Aflac

I'm a newbie at the insurance game, that being said, I went to an Aflac interveiw last week. Sounded great and promising. Then I got on this forum, word for word what the interviewer said was written in these threads. Since I had an hour to kill, I went back for the second interview yesterday, not to apply, but just disprove and ask questions. Needless to say they got tounge tied and red faced and a little pissed. I was still suprised that I got offered the position.

ALAC= Joke

I'm a newbie at the insurance game, that being said, I went to an Aflac interveiw last week. Sounded great and promising. Then I got on this forum, word for word what the interviewer said was written in these threads. Since I had an hour to kill, I went back for the second interview yesterday, not to apply, but just disprove and ask questions. Needless to say they got tounge tied and red faced and a little pissed. I was still suprised that I got offered the position.

ALAC= Joke

You got offered the position because you can fog a mirror and speak in complete sentences. But you do seem like a decent guy, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Re: Getting started with Aflac - my problem or Aflac's

I've compared Aflac's products against our main competitors and Aflac has them beat on many plans. Aflac's cancer plan kills American Heritage, and the payout on the accident plans are the best of it's competitors. I have also sold Aflac plans to people who had competing products and gave them a lot more for almost half the price.

I've seen the 3 day turn around on almost all claims I seen go in, and those that didn't usually had an issue that needed to be fixed such as missing doctor information, or no receipt for dental claims.

I've seen agents booted for writing business in other peoples accounts without permission, and I've seen them pay wellness claims over 5 years old. That's just since May.

They have top notch products and customer service in the home office, it's just the field service management and the training problems I see as the biggest issue here.
Not what I hear in the field... Too many complaints from employers about sloowww claims and multiple agents in a short period of time. As for products... just one of many out there they all do about the same, give or take a few bucks. They roll agents and due to lack of training end up mis-represent themselves in the field. Too bad, it was a good co.

Re: Getting started with Aflac - my problem or Aflac's

Not what I hear in the field... Too many complaints from employers about sloowww claims and multiple agents in a short period of time. As for products... just one of many out there they all do about the same, give or take a few bucks. They roll agents and due to lack of training end up mis-represent themselves in the field. Too bad, it was a good co.

AGLA seems to have better pricing.

AFLAC does not recruit insurance agents. They are more interested in getting someone in another profession to move into insurance. They do that because they are looking for lead generators for their DM's.

I carry Colonial as my supplement carrier, and will pick up Voluntary Mart in Jan. or Feb. when it becomes available here, in Georgia.

To get back to the original question, you are doing it the right way, just leading off with the wrong product. Go voluntary mart, then AIG or Colonial.

AFLAC offers great, up front commissions. Be wary of the charge back, the confusing commission statement, and the Blue Cross way of wanting to turn your client into theirs.

I signed up with them one year (to get the NAPA E&O insurance), didn't sell one policy, and they sent me a statement at the end of the year, that I owed them $20.

you "signed up with them one year", ...meaning you were an agent?

Back