My personal experience with Aflac

how about HIGHER COMMISSIONS!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How about HIGHER COMMISSIONS and no moronic memorized scripts or endless meetings that waste your time?

Last edited:
I have a lot to thank Aflac for.

I also have a lot of flack to blame on them (see what I did there?).

They got me out of a dead end job and into insurance in 2008. Of course, I failed miserably after three years with them. My DSC basically never went out prospecting with me, never really helped me, and didn't hold up his end of the bargain (sound familiar?). He said all my failing were my fault and, in one way, he may be right.

That said, the company does not hold up their agents like they claim to do. They're all too happy to throw an agent under the bus should it strike their fancy, even though it's fairly rare they do so. DSCs have far more sway with the territorial managers than any conglomerate of agents/grunts. Essentially, their management system is a good ol' boys club rather than a business.

That said, they really do look out for the vast majority of their policyholders. Most of the time they pay claims without question, even if the claim was ever so slightly dubious.

In, I believe, 2010 they introduced a way for agents to see which businesses were already enrolled. Yes, current Aflac agents are able to see if the door they're knocking on is a current subscriber.

From what I remember, in 2010 their cancer and accident policies had a leg up on Colonial's offerings. I don't remember the specifics and haven't seen any updated brochures since.

My wife and I still carry a couple Aflac policies for us.

All that said, I think they're a far better company for the consumer than the agent. At least, when they haven't messed up billing or some other PITA.

...............In, I believe, 2010 they introduced a way for agents to see which businesses were already enrolled. Yes, current Aflac agents are able to see if the door they're knocking on is a current subscriber...........

That is good but no answer for the business who is not a client that has been cold called by 4 different AFLAC agents over the last 6 months.

I thought Bankers Life and Casualty was good because Paul Harvey advertised for them. Paul Harvey wouldn't shill for a rogue company? I know this is an old thread.

Bankers was probably a good company when Paul Harvey advertised for them. That was before the Conseco connection. They used to mention White Cross at the end of their name, if memory serves me correctly.

I thought Bankers Life and Casualty was good because Paul Harvey advertised for them. Paul Harvey wouldn't shill for a rogue company? I know this is an old thread.

----------

I don't know! I doubt if you can.

To see the original splits on an Account you need to pull up invoice and look up individual policies. You can call Aflac with the policy number and they can tell you the split. Since the split was probably the same for that particular enrollment you should only have to look up one policy.

Back