Nasb

Flying to respond to "up my post count" who gives a flying $hit about post count...are you even a producer?

Besides training what else would account for low commission...support, office, phone...yeah because an independent doesn't have those cost either.

Flying to respond to "up my post count" who gives a flying $hit about post count...are you even a producer?

Besides training what else would account for low commission...support, office, phone...yeah because an independent doesn't have those cost either.

And there are only a handful of people they have capable of training agents and they usually are too busy recruiting. I know an agent that's brand new to insurance, been with nasb 3 weeks, and already recruiting. And if he hires someone, he is their trainer lol. Great place to be!

I guess I didn't make my point clear enough when posting. So I apologize allow me to reframe it.

When I first started out captive the company gave you a low (50%) contract ran you through a training booklet that basically just built the company up in the agents mind rather than teaching you how to sell. Your leads were the list of 200 people you knew that you brought in on day 2. IMHO minimum value provided for a very large contract cut. Not a fair deal to the agent. The only reason agents had a such a low contract was to allow the company to "keep up appearances" with their fancy office in a metro area.

On the flip side I would have been happy to start off there if I had been shown a path to success rather than the door and a pat on the back.

Starting off if I had a 50% contract or a 150% contract I would have seen about the same level of success because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Thus where the $0 of 120% comes from.

Just to be clear my point is that agents have a better chance of selling something with training, agent support, leads, and client retention provided by the office. Especially if said agent is like most agents and has no clue how to make a buck, even if they've been "trying" insurance for years. Of course this doesn't come free. So new agents, hell most agents, should be willing to give up % on contract for all of the above to stack the deck in their favor. Then of course as they need less help and support they are welcome to a higher contract. No sense in not letting people make the money they are able to make.

But whenever I run across an agent that says "I've got this" and they want to run their own show I'll throw the largest contract we've got at them and let them do their thing.

Considering most agents on here are drooling over the idea of making $50,000-$100,000 a year I'd say there are a good number of agents that should take advantage of it if someone were to offer it. Or they could do what they've always done and get what they've always gotten.

Hope that clears it up for you.

----------

\What AP do you write a week? Not because I'm wanting to give you tips but I want to see if your attitude matches your aptitude, which it normally does.

I never said anyone wasn't giving training at higher contracts, there's much more that goes into lower contract levels (or at least should) than just training. If you had read and considered what was actually said rather than flying to respond to up your post count you might have caught it.

But was that a NY licensed captive like NY Life or Met etc if so they are limited in compensation by NY state law.

Then I will never understand where you are coming from.

As for your earlier statement about not wanting to "work" forever, do you think the uplines don't work?

Or by "work" do you mean the going out and meeting with people? For me that's not the work of this career. That's the best part. The work is dealing with the insurance companies, the paperwork, the staying on top of industry changes and challenges. The things that uplines do all day, everyday.

But I am not management material and have no interest in managing. Travis and Scott certainly make money than I do but I don't work near the hours that they do either. Of course Travis is in the field about as much as I am in addition to his other duties as an upline.

And while I would never want to to do what they do, I would also never say that what they do is not work.

But, even if you want to be a manager you seem to be putting the cart before the horse. How can you expect to build a downline and have this magic carrot if you don't know how to place business consistantly?

JD is one million percent correct... being an upline isn't as easy as some think... i hear all the time from agents that they want to become a manager and get some free overides...although i wish there was something like that existed but it doesn't

I tried to turn JD into a manager for six years because of how well he knows this market and he always said the same response... "that is not for me i don't want to have to deal with the agents" but he does help agents with no overide all the time he still doesn't have to deal with the struggles that comes with the overide...

JD is one million percent correct... being an upline isn't as easy as some think... i hear all the time from agents that they want to become a manager and get some free overides...although i wish there was something like that existed but it doesn't

I tried to turn JD into a manager for six years because of how well he knows this market and he always said the same response... "that is not for me i don't want to have to deal with the agents" but he does help agents with no overide all the time he still doesn't have to deal with the struggles that comes with the overide...

HERE, HERE! (Holding drink high)

I've been seduced by the "Siren's Song" of recruiting for almost 4 years. Couldn't stop thinking about how great it would be to have a group of agents that I could help in the FE market. Sounds awesome, but guess what? Easily 90% of agents are pansy-ass excuse making sissies always on the prowl for a brand new opportunity to show how much they suck at their chosen profession. So I've concluded that recruiting is a "Go big or go home" kind of a deal. I'm going home. :idea:

The only way to make it in recruiting is to burn through hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS of losers to find 1 or 2 agents that will be successful. Guess what happens when you find the "China Egg" agent? He thinks that he deserves to make your money as well as his. He doesn't need you and *poof* you've got to run through another thousand emails of prospective agents telling you how awesome they were at the last place they failed at because their manager sucked.:goofy:

There is no such thing as an easy job if one really works it. Every position has its easy and hard parts. Whatever you are doing working for yourself is the hardest job of all but perhaps more enjoyable than working for someone else.

I'll do it John Galt style from a couple months back.

Week 1: $4900
Week 2: $5,800
Week 3:(bad TM vendor...no leads) $2,200
Week 4:(snowed in GA 2 field days) $4,200
Week 5: $6,400
Week 6: 7,300
Week 7: (stuck inside..see above about snow in Atlanta) $0.00. I might start doing telesales if this continues ;)

Haha, great job. I appreciate you answering my question. I apologize it seems that for the most part I was mistaken. That was my fault. Glad to see you're not what I mistakenly mislabeled you as and you're actually an agent that works :goofy:

Flying to respond to "up my post count" who gives a flying about post count...are you even a producer?

My point was indy offices have all that overhead (given that they provide it) because I know a number of indy offices that don't offer any training, customer support, policy retention etc. If and only If an office provides all these services to an agent would I advocate a lower commission. If an agent is their own customer support and have to save all their own business after next to no training. They deserve a higher contract every time.

Yes I am a producer, thanks for asking. I average around $6,500 per week. Except for snow week last week only did $2400.

After they get trained and decide they want to move to higher contracts, then why won't NASB release them? Exactly they won't. Just more marketer BS!

I'm not with NASB and I wasn't speaking on their behalf.

But was that a NY licensed captive like NY Life or Met etc if so they are limited in compensation by NY state law.

Good point. But no my first company was not a NY company.

Last edited:
Haha, great job. I appreciate you answering my question. I apologize it seems that for the most part I was mistaken. That was my fault. Glad to see you're not what I mistakenly mislabeled you as and you're actually an agent that works :goofy:

My point was indy offices have all that overhead (given that they provide it) because I know a number of indy offices that don't offer any training, customer support, policy retention etc. If and only If an office provides all these services to an agent would I advocate a lower commission. If an agent is their own customer support and have to save all their own business after next to no training. They deserve a higher contract every time.

Yes I am a producer, thanks for asking. I average around $6,500 per week. Except for snow week last week only did $2400.

I'm not with NASB and I wasn't speaking on their behalf.

Good point. But no my first company was not a NY company.

So u avg 26k/mo in AP or over 310k/yr? That would mean u avg over 10 apps a week... Somehow I doubt that, but maybe u do.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

I'll do it John Galt style from a couple months back.

Week 1: $4900
Week 2: $5,800
Week 3:(bad TM vendor...no leads) $2,200
Week 4:(snowed in GA 2 field days) $4,200
Week 5: $6,400
Week 6: 7,300
Week 7: (stuck inside..see above about snow in Atlanta) $0.00. I might start doing telesales if this continues ;)

I did twice that amount since January, in Simplified issue Whole Life products, for indiviudals over the phone and internet...These were internet leads, specific to my home page...Telle-sales work, if the leads are coming to your landing page....Live and learn

I did twice that amount since January, in Simplified issue Whole Life products, for indiviudals over the phone and internet...These were internet leads, specific to my home page...Telle-sales work, if the leads are coming to your landing page....Live and learn

Good on ya! I wasn't bragging or even attempting to...I was answering the guys question directed at me. Help me out here, what's the point of your post?!?

Back