National Agents Alliance (NAA) Defections?

honestabe

I recently learned of high-ranking defections from NAA, and must admit that while some weren't shocking, one in particular, Mark Womack, stuck out, as he was basically a "founding member/agent", and direct to Andy Albright from day one.

Does anyone know what happened, or at least why so many top names leave? (I know the Shawn Meaike story) This is important to me because while I have been long gone from that fine (sarcasm) organization, I was there pretty much from the start, too.

My experience, through my five year career with NAA was that...

* manager and agent "income" was greatly inflated to impress underlings

* the only thing bigger than agent chargebacks was Albright's ego... while hiding behind his "love of God" persona, of course

* many of the "top producers" who were being honored on stage were literally broke, even after years of six and seven-figure "earnings"

* the only difference between NAA and a cult is that cults usually end in mass-suicide.

However, is there any ONE reason that so many top dogs have left? I know the easy answer is to blame Albright's god complex, or general shady (IMO) business dealings.

The NAA legend seemed to start unraveling when Ralph Simpson and the Wallace's left, and now that Womack is gone, I am wondering if the company is about to hit bottom, as he (Womack) would *routinely* tell stories with tears in his eyes of his allegiance to Albright, "no matter what product we sell", and would add, "If Andy called me tomorrow and said we are getting out of insurance and starting to sell funeral caskets, I would be in the funeral casket business the next day, no questions asked", for example.

Last edited:
"If Andy called me tomorrow and said we are getting out of insurance and starting to sell funeral caskets, I would be in the funeral casket business the next day, no questions asked", for example."
The funeral casket business would be a perfect "final resting place" for that three letter outfit.

I agree, but I am still curious as to the mass defections of top and key people. Is this the beginning of the end for NAA?

Remember Art Leazer was also a founding member that left too. Of all the people like Art, Womack, Shawn, ect.. The big reasons they left were over finally waking up to getting screwed and realizing they could do better outside of NAA. Andy was taking the company in a direction that many were very unhappy with, and it was hitting everyones profit. So many top people were sick of paying ridiculous lead over ride costs, club fees, association fees, low contracts, no renewals and the list goes on. I was a top 20 manager, spoke at their conferences, got awards, won trips and left for the same reasons. I was also sick to my stomach by the fact that they touted God and Christian beliefs at meetings and from the stage all the while they lacked every bit of integrity they spoke of. I can't tell you how many times I heard Andy talk **** about people. I am a Christian, and by no means do I think I am perfect, nor do I judge others, but what I can tell you is the behaviors and junk that came out of certain inner circle peoples mouth was disgusting. How does a self imposed "leadership" company with "Christian values" explain all the lawsuits and explain their behavior in the way they turn their backs on people and turn agents against former agents and managers by spreading lies and gossip? My personal opinion on Womack who at least from my interaction with him seemed to be a good guy is that he could no longer live with the pressure of having to "fake it till you make it". He also lost a big chunk of his organization before he left. I personally got to a place that I did not want to speak on stage even when we kept getting asked to, because I felt it was such a lie to talk about what they asked us to which was "the dream, struggle victory" There was NEVER any victory even though the masses thought myself and many others were living the good life. I am netting and making more money now with 4 part time and 2 full time agents, than I was with a 60+ agent producing agency at NAA. I was wasting $10,000+ a month while at NAA because of not only the extra NAA expenses that were required of me, but the pressure to hire staff and have an office when in all reality I did not have to have all that. Which by the way only $4,500 of the $10k went to office and staff, the rest was again bull crap NAA expenses. I am absolutely shocked that they still are able to hire agents. I am shocked certain people have not left. I guess even if your broke it's still hard for many of them to walk away from an override, and that many are willing to suffer financially because they don't want to lose their NAA friendships. Very sad.

Back