National Life Group offer agents benefits?

If you become a career agent with them, I am sure they do offer benefits just as any other captive does.
Some captives have programs where they offer benefits to brokers but they must meet a production level.

If you become a career agent with them, I am sure they do offer benefits just as any other captive does.
Some captives have programs where they offer benefits to brokers but they must meet a production level.
I get that, I'm just trying to confirm it. I have some who says they are non-captive agent with them getting benefits. She's a new agent.

All captives claim they are non captive nowadays. They will claim they can sell anyone, or they are brokered with 200 companies and so on.
And when you check on their license they are appointed with one, maybe two, companies.

For a starting agent health insurance is not that important. Their income is unlikely to be over 100K, more likely to be 30k to 50k in the 1st year. Obamacare is great. And some states like MA or CA, if you are starting out as 1099 you dont have to wait for open enrollment to qualify for subsidies.For pension again IRA followed by solo 401k or SEP IRA. You dont need benefits if you really want to sell insurance.

A broker is non-captive.
They may give her benefits but she has a production level to meet.
They are not giving her benefits if she submits a term app.
I know Guardian has a contract that is basically a broker with benefits.
I am pretty sure Mass has one also.
Starting in the business the training you get as a captive agent is probably better than starting as a broker.
As you mentioned Nat life of Vermont, I am assuming you are looking to sell traditional, Life ,Annuity and investment.
Years ago Natlife of Vermont had a great DI policy but I don't think they sell it anymore.
If you are basing your decision around benefits, if you don't produce those benefits wont last long.
I would be more focused on training and what they can do to get you up and running.

What captive companies claim they are non-captive?
It is certainly not outlined that way in your employment contract.
Many captives own a brokerage to place business outside the proprietary company.
You will take a comp hit, but the production generally goes to your benefit qualifications.

Back