National List of Clusters/aggregators for P&C

Discussion in 'P&C Insurance Forum' started by Bertolinoins, Jun 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Warrior

Warrior Expert

ISU is looking for agents who have over $1 million books. If I had that as an independent agency, I wouldn't need to join an aggregater or a Cluster.

2. indienoise

indienoise Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Just like different carriers have different appetites and target markets and have different looking customers, so it goes for groups, aggregators, and clusters. They don't all serve the same purpose.

3. pcrossxx

pcrossxx New Member

State:
    California
    At $1mil revenue the need and advantage of the right aggregator arrangements is needed more not less.
    The expectations and demands of clients and carriers increase that need also plus the opportunity for additional resources & revenue.

4. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Super Genius

State:
    Colorado
    Agreed... The problem that I have seen with many is that the contracts though seemingly harmless contain quite a few hidden gems that unfortunately most young and hungry agents gloss right over and sign. Many also unfortunately don't understand what "ownership" really means. Forget what most will tell you... Ownership is most often determined by the code, and the will of the customer... and NO ONE owns a customer. Even if you have a contractual agreement with a distribution channel that states you can take your "code" and clients with you, there is still no guarantee the carrier, who has the last word on it all, will be willing to contract directly with you. So again, "ownership" is used often, but its a concept far more than it is a fact. That said, consider the following...

Commission... is it clearly laid out?
    Bonus... If any, whats your split?
    Non Compete/Anti Piracy... Are you able to contact ANY and ALL of your clients upon your exit?
    Exit Fees... Are there any?
    Length of contract... Ive seen from month to month all the way to a 20 year contract. (longer than most marriages)!
    Do you have to buy your way out? That's right, pay to keep what you have written...

Ok here come a lot of P's... There are Pretenders, Predators, Peddlers, and true Partners... Pick the right P and you have a head start over the vast majority of your peers, choose the wrong P, and your a Prisoner, no more no less, you may as well be an employee, with all the overhead, and a fraction of the paycheck.

My 2 Cents...

5. ABAInsurance

ABAInsurance Super Genius

State:
    New Jersey