Need advice from Experienced Agents, regarding my current situation

FaithfulProducer

Do you ever get that feeling, where you’re gut is telling you something isn’t right, and you just can’t get rid of it? Well that’s me right now, and I need some advice from other agents. In order to protect my privacy this is a throw away account. I recently became licensed, all at my own expense, with the exception that all fees would be refunded upon licensing. I also was told that a draw on future commission would be available. Well the lie detector has determined that it was all a lie. Why was it denied? Because on the pre employment exam i said I sometimes get stressed.. Now let’s take a moment and realize just how ridiculous that is, and that is a normal human emotion that EVERYONE experiences. It’s part of life and anyone that would say they’re never stressed is in my opinion lying. What matters more is how you react to it, but apparently they don’t care.

So now I’m out almost a grand, between my course, state exam, NIPR and state licensing fee, and I’m expected to about another 2 months of training with no income. Now hear me out I knew what I was getting into, but I expected Christian affiliated company to hold there end of the bargain. When they didn’t it was upsetting, because out everyone out there, I thought they were the ones I could trust. Broken promises, and bills that don’t pay themselves, put your self in my shoes and answer me this. Would you stick it out? Taken into consideration that they’ve already broken their word, and hung me out to dry. I just can’t shake the will they do it again feeling. So Reddit what are your thoughts should I run or should I stick it out? and if I the answer is run what is a company that might treat me better.

*disclaimer* this is not a diss nor negative reflection on the current organization (which I’m not naming and I ask if u know that you don’t either), this is only my experience. Yours and others may be different*

Here it is in a nut shell. At some point everyone gets an eye opener. Read your contract to see if your captive or independent. Then look to see what are your exit options if that's what you want to do.

As for your license it's yours. Sorry about your current situation but I'm sure there are agents here who have some horror stories which were a learning experience for them.

Here it is in a nut shell. At some point everyone gets an eye opener. Read your contract to see if your captive or independent. Then look to see what are your exit options if that's what you want to do.

As for your license it's yours. Sorry about your current situation but I'm sure there are agents here who have some horror stories which were a learning experience for them.

Yea I’m captive and the opportunity to make money is there, it’s just if you start something out and right away and what you’re told, doesn’t happen. It causes a person to pause and go can I trust them. I don’t know how they expect someone to go through all this training, and go to events and do it with no money. Like I get 100% commission, but support your agents during training, even if it’s a small amount. How they expect to retain people with this model is beyond me. I’m really on the verge of sending their equipment back and moving on. My time isn’t free, and you don’t let me produce, or stand your word, then I can’t help but wonder why I’m giving them my time.

Yea I’m captive and the opportunity to make money is there, it’s just if you start something out and right away and what you’re told, doesn’t happen. It causes a person to pause and go can I trust them. I don’t know how they expect someone to go through all this training, and go to events and do it with no money. Like I get 100% commission, but support your agents during training, even if it’s a small amount. How they expect to retain people with this model is beyond me. I’m really on the verge of sending their equipment back and moving on. My time isn’t free, and you don’t let me produce, or stand your word, then I can’t help but wonder why I’m giving them my time.
If they lied to you, what makes you think you can trust them. Find another FMO.

And what kind of equipment would this be? Are they charging you for this equipment? And what else are they charging you for?

May be time to put on a good pair of running shoes and haul ass.

A computer and yes I’m “renting” it, again with no pay.. 4 to 6 weeks of training more testing, after ADB and state exam which of course they won’t pay for. So far all I’ve done is spend money, and get nothing in return. Oh and another agent has been covering this area temporarily, so all my leads have been contacted.. I don’t see how this is going to work out, and yes I’m really close to wanting to run. Good people with good intentions, and I have no ill will towards them. It’s just I have make decisions that are in my best interests. So a lot to think about, and a lot of disappointment due to broken trust. Thanks for all the feedback it’s greatly appreciated!

Cut your losses and run.

Here are some things that I have learned during my long existence on this planet.

1 - Never admit to your limitations. Whatever job you apply for, you are perfect for it. Like the song says "Accentuate the positives, eliminate the negatives. Telling a prospective employer that you sometimes get stressed was the kiss of death.

2 - Never rely on anything you are "told." Get it in writing. In contract form so you can sue if you get stiffed.

3 - Christians can be just as evil as anybody else. Do the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition ring a bell?

Oh and another agent has been covering this area temporarily, so all my leads have been contacted.
So you're saying that you're not even licensed yet but already buying leads and to make matters worse some other agent is working those leads?

Since you're not licensed yet, no one can pay you a commission but you can be compensated some other way. If that's not happening then I need to take back what I said about hauling ass. You need to haul two asses.

I recommend 3 things:

Shut those crooks down.

Post on here who they are. Not for us but for the new agents that are on here. Hopefully they won't go through what you're going through.

And last, reach out to @Todd King. He's an FMO out of Virginia so I'm not really sure if his ankle bracelet will reach that far. But he may be able to point toward someone near you that can help.

Good luck

Back