Need An Assistant

lscroggins

Help! I have spent the last 3 weeks interviewing candidates who have NO prior experience because (so far) I haven't found anyone who has worked for an Agent.

I have tried 3 different temp agencies and a post on Monster.com - in all cases I specified "prior experience".
I've also put out a few feelers with current assistants to see if they know anyone..so far, nothing.

Can someone share a few ideas with respect to getting some office help? Thanks in advance.

Help! I have spent the last 3 weeks interviewing candidates who have NO prior experience because (so far) I haven't found anyone who has worked for an Agent.

I have tried 3 different temp agencies and a post on Monster.com - in all cases I specified "prior experience".
I've also put out a few feelers with current assistants to see if they know anyone..so far, nothing.

Can someone share a few ideas with respect to getting some office help? Thanks in advance.

It all depends on what you want them to do?

Are they cold calling or what?

I need someone to do the non revenue generating work, such as answering phones, scanning, case prep, etc.

I don't want them to solicit or do any selling work.

BTW - I just went through a week with someone that claimed to have a fair amount of office experience, and I had to show her how to turn on my computer!

So, I'm a little gun shy..

I need someone to do the non revenue generating work, such as answering phones, scanning, case prep, etc.

I don't want them to solicit or do any selling work.

BTW - I just went through a week with someone that claimed to have a fair amount of office experience, and I had to show her how to turn on my computer!

So, I'm a little gun shy..

It sounds like you should have a more detailed interview process. You can't always hire the one with the best looking, ah, eyes. :D

You're unfortunately going to find what employers already know. Anyone here hire people before? You already know.

Solid workers already have jobs. The rest won't risk losing unemployment by actually interviewing.

You need to keep your ads up and be very specific about what you're looking for. I'd try Monster, Hotjobs and Craigslist and don't give up.

As a final tip, always set up the initial interview for early in the morning - like 8am. Tends to weed out the junk.

Whatever you do, hire them on a trial basis as a 1099 contractor. You'll know within a month whether or not you've made a mistake and can easily get rid of them.

Back