Need company suggestions for selling whole life and term. New agent in the Dolton/Chicago, IL area

justdoit125

Need imo/fmo or whatever company suggestions. Not feeling my current company. I know I still have a lot to learn and learned quite a bit here.

Are you looking to stay in just life insurance? What does your prospect pipeline look like - is there a niche demographic that you're able to tap? What are your plans for continuing to prospect?

So many middle-men to pick from, do you know which actual carriers are competitive for your market?

What type of resources or services do you need access to, maybe a local agency is a better fit than going alone with an IMO or FMO.

I'd suggest looking to contract with Foresters, AIG, Gerber, & Penn Mutual. This would be a huge upgrade from your current carrier.

All of the posts here so far are questions you need to ask yourself. How experienced are you? Which market are you going to be focusing on (young, senior, etc). More than just whole life and term.

How do you currently get leads in front of you to sell insurance?

Do you know of other ways to sustain that lead source or developing new ones before you jump ship? You need to have a plan in place before making a move. FRJ brings up some important points. What's really going to help you? Do you need a local agency where you can just walk in, get some training, and do ride alongs?

Or do you just need tools, resources, and support? Prepping a business plan would be a good exercise to get you prepared.

Now here comes my shameless plug: We are an agency that focuses on the senior market for Life Insurance, Medicare Supplements, and Medicare Advantage. If that's something that interests you. Give me a call sometime and we can go over all of this together. (There is no obligation to contract with us) just some free advice to help you out.

Well how much training have you had/do you need? If you are light in training or have doubts about Prime training, I would suggest a big mutual to learn insurance from. The bigger companies offer a better chance of getting an excellent education about all insurance products. You could become a career agent or part ways when you feel you've learned enough.

I spent a decade with NYL and received an excellent insurance education. I have been an independent for almost 20 years now and the NYL insurance education comes into play very often. As an independent, I prefer Guardian, another old mutual who doesn't require that you're a captured agent.

The nice thing is there are more good choices out there than bad. You can have a good career in several places, just make sure you fit before you join.

I have thought about my niche being Final Expense focusing on the nearby South Suburbs of Chicago for the low to middle income residents. Thus far I have checked out FFL and Brokers Alliance. The only downers is that they both do not have Liberty Bankers, Baltimore Life, and Life Shield. I haven't fully noted who my "go to" carriers would be but I was thinking American General for Guaranteed. Liberty Bankers and Life Shield because of pricing. Baltimore Life because I hear of their ease of use with phone app

Back