Need Help- Guy Does Not Qualify for Part A

newt103

Expert
I been an individual health agent for 2 years, just starting to get involved with Medicare Supps. I have a customer who says he has medicare Part B but does qualify for Part A because he has only been in the USA for 2 years. He says that his insurance carrier is Blue Cross and his rates have gone up and wants something else . I do not know where to start, or if his info makes sense. Can he be covered by Part B for medical expenses(doctor visits etc.) and have a separate Individual plan to cover hospitalization and surgery etc. through a private carrier? If anybody has some understanding of this your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Medicare premiums and coinsurance rates for 2011

The following is a listing of the Medicare premium, deductible, and coinsurance rates that will be in effect in 2011:
Medicare Premiums for 2011:
Part A: (Hospital Insurance) Premium
Most people do not pay a monthly Part A premium because they or a spouse has 40 or more quarters of Medicare-covered employment.
The Part A premium is $248.00 per month for people having 30-39 quarters of Medicare-covered employment.
The Part A premium is $450.00 per month for people who are not otherwise eligible for premium-free hospital insurance and have less than 30 quarters of Medicare-covered employment.

Medicare + foreign nationals

medicareinteractive.org is a great site to have up when talking with people about medicare. Very plain explanations. Take a look at his medicare card, see what the effective date for B is, call it in to your underwriters. He must have A and B in order to buy an Advantage plan or a Supplement. Otherwise move on to the next.

Last edited:
Back