Need Help on an SEP

Thanks fostever, what would I claim as the SEP though. I didn't see anything on the chart that related to this particular situation.

I'm just hung up with Medicare. The person that I spoke with told me "Yes" she would qualify for an SEP. The client can leave voluntarily. She read to me word for word that this is allowable. I told her great, where can I find that on Medicare's website. She couldn't find it on Medicare's site but she said she had it in her script for SEP's. She then got her supervisor and he said the samething. They can leave voluntarily and have an SEP. I'm going to submit, hopfully the insurance carrier agrees.

I have done over 300 enrollments this year with UHC MAPD plans and many SEPS for loss of group coverage an i use SEP - EGHP for every case whether is was voluntary or not and they all have gone through.

Very seldomly they will request a creditable coverage letter after the fact so if you can get that upfront it helps.

How did you get 300 enrollments? and who do I have to call to tap into that market? Must be pre-set appt's, I assume.

The carrier I use requires a credible coverage letter with the app. Total pain, it's hard to get. When you do get it, something is always left off.

I am an Independent Career Agent with SecureHorizons/Evercare so i get leads directly from UHC and get acess to their telesale lead site. Of course alot recently has been SNP plans and SEPs.I take a commission cut at 330.00 per app however they have been paying 450.00 for the last 4 months to be "competitive" with the FMO's

I would say that she is qualified for an SEP. I have had this happen to several people that are now clients. I had no problems and they are very happy, not to mention relieved when they get thier cards. I would tell her not to cancel until it is approved, which I believe will happen. I usually tell them not to pay thier premium for the next month, in most cases I know of, they can't cancel until 30 days of non payment. When they get the approval letter from Medicare then cancel. Just to be sure.

Scott

I am an Independent Career Agent with SecureHorizons/Evercare so i get leads directly from UHC and get acess to their telesale lead site. Of course alot recently has been SNP plans and SEPs.I take a commission cut at 330.00 per app however they have been paying 450.00 for the last 4 months to be "competitive" with the FMO's

Since it's been a few months since you wrote this I'd like to know what you think about the leads you have received so far. I was pitched to become a ICA by the local recruiter and manager, but did not accept their offer.

Back