Need Input on Chargebacks and Collection Lawyers

Seniorgirl411

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
I left a certain crap company in 2009. Agents in that office started to rewrite my business and I got stuck with the chargebacks. I paid on some and obtained a lawyer for issues with my contract and such. They stopped their collection efforts and I figured it was resolved. Now, after two years (March 2010 last heard from them) they are coming after me and threatening a law suit over 600 dollars. How can they do that still? Anyone have any input that can help me? Thanks.

Probably not the answer you want, but if you just give the the $600 it's done and you never have to think about it again.

If you do pay the $600, require a letter that declares the debt now and forever paid and has them forgo any further collection attempts. Get a lawyer to type it up, or see if you can find a form one online.

The statute of limitations is 2 years in california so you may want to check in your state. Maybe they just want to scare you into paying.

if you don't pay, and they report it... how are you going to get appointed with new carriers?

If you owe the debt... pay it.

I left a certain crap company in 2009. Agents in that office started to rewrite my business and I got stuck with the chargebacks. I paid on some and obtained a lawyer for issues with my contract and such. They stopped their collection efforts and I figured it was resolved. Now, after two years (March 2010 last heard from them) they are coming after me and threatening a law suit over 600 dollars. How can they do that still? Anyone have any input that can help me? Thanks.

Is it a legitimate debt? If so, apy it. Don't try to beat it with legal BS. If it's truly owed, pay it back or make arrangements to pay it back.

If it's not legit fight it like hell!

Last letter I received from the company and not the collection agency was March 2010 and I owed 580 ish. Now it's 655. I'm not sure that I owe that because the company never showed me proof either. I guess I will send out a validation letter to have them prove it. Anyone ever had any luck on settling with a lesser amount?

Last letter I received from the company and not the collection agency was March 2010 and I owed 580 ish. Now it's 655. I'm not sure that I owe that because the company never showed me proof either. I guess I will send out a validation letter to have them prove it. Anyone ever had any luck on settling with a lesser amount?

that's not an unreasonable amount of interest over more than two years.

You can always wait for it to go to collections and pay it when it gets there. Odds are you're better off just sending them $655. They might play let's make a deal with you now, but I doubt it.

Yeah i was with NAA back in 09 as well. They still send letters for chargebacks. I inquired with Vector One, they run a company called Debit Check. They checked my SS and my name I came back clean on their background check. No carriers had submitted any unpaid debt for chargebacks. You may want to look them up. Hope this helps!

Back