Need insurance for 24yr old female 5 years out of melanoma

A 55 year old wakes up one day with shortness of breath and mild heart palpatations.

He goes to the doctor - doc runs the stress test, EEG, EKG, finds nothing and he now feels fine.

Doctor says "go home, everything reads normal - if you have any of those symptoms again just call me."

That happened 4 years ago and nothing ever recurred. Leave that off the app and it's recession time.

Recently wrote a doc with melanoma 9 years out with Humana, melanoma in situ, not enough to even make the clark staging. Stage 4 is bad stuff, no one will ever insure her, better get a job with benefits. Look up stage 4 and you will clearly understand. Any cancer that is stage 4 is a very bleak prognosis. I know more about staging than I ever wanted to learn.

This is not true. You are a field underwriter for the carrier and have a responsibility to protect the carrier. You have a contract with your carrier and no contact with your client.

On most applications, especially life, it asks if the agent is aware of any condition that would affect underwriting.

Say you meet with your client and he claims he's not a smoker. You fill out the app, pack and leave. One the way pulling out of the driveway you see him light one up.

Guess what - you just changed that app to "smoker."

This is not true. You are a field underwriter for the carrier and have a responsibility to protect the carrier. You have a contract with your carrier and no contact with your client.

On most applications, especially life, it asks if the agent is aware of any condition that would affect underwriting.

Say you meet with your client and he claims he's not a smoker. You fill out the app, pack and leave. One the way pulling out of the driveway you see him light one up.

Guess what - you just changed that app to "smoker."

There is legal precedence for my assertion, particularly where life insurance is concerned, but that's another forum. There is really no reason to debate this particular topic. I introduced something factual, which is no fun.

Your legal obligation is to the client, not the carrier. Its you and your client against them

WOW!

That's going out on a limb.

An independent agent has a unique relationship with the carrier and the client who "hires" them. You state there is a legal precedent, and that may be, but do you really want to get into a pissing match between the carrier and your client over a fraudulent app?

If so, you probably enjoy bamboo shoots under your fingernails.

I will side with the agent is an agent for the insurance company, read the contract you signed. I don't think your E&O would cover you in a legal dispute if you withheld important UW info from the company. If you have different facts, please post your source.

You're on with a prospect stating everything is fine, zero conditions. She gets an incoming call and tells you to hold, however when she transfers over you're still on with her and she doesn't know it - says:

"...hey Chis I'm on with an agent trying to get coverage for my surgery next month, I'll call you back."

She then switches back to you not knowing you heard her.

Do you write that app?

Back