$%^&* Need More Monoline Home Companies in NC

NCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

What other companies will do monoline homes in NC because ASI and Foremost?

A lot of places aren't even doing DF policies anymore like Safeco...

I have a client with a home and auto with Kemper. He has a home in Wilmington, which is close enough to the coast that Kemper won't touch it, even with the wind and hail excluded. Safeco is too much more on the primary home and auto to justify moving over to there, and they won't do a monoline dwelling.

Any ideas on who to use? I don't have ASI yet, so that is a bust, and Foremost seems more expensive than the monoline Amica policy that the guy has.

Amica is captive, right?

Last edited:
google search for home insurance in your city, look up the other agents websites and see who they have....

There might be some small unknown mutual company or something that is writing left and right and very few people know about it.

google search for home insurance in your city, look up the other agents websites and see who they have....

There might be some small unknown mutual company or something that is writing left and right and very few people know about it.

I've done that a little bit. The thing is, a LOT of companies stopped doing that starting the beginning of January. I mean, A LOT. So everyone is kinda scrambling right now to figure out what to do in the area, from who I talk to.

I just didn't know if someone knew off the top of their head about it. A lot of people also use GMAC and they are kinda useless for my market, too.

That's one of the problems with being east of I95 in NC. Companies are terrified of hurricanes. It's only a matter of time before we have another hit. I wish I could give you some advice, but like you mentioned most companies are cancelling a lot of coverage there.

I would hate to be an indy agent east of I95. Many captive companies are making it tough on their agents also. I know of several who are cancelling or planning on cancelling a LOT of coverage. NC residents are going to start seeing some rate hikes or higher deductibles.

I live in wilmington... Geovera writes monoline, and includes the wind/hail. sometimes they are way more than writing the home through 1 company, and then stand alone wind hail.

really have to run quotes both ways. course it has to be primary residence. ncjua/nciua writes the home monoline, but only covers contents at 40%. I personally have mine there, as geovera was quite a bit more for myself.

feel free to buzz me if you have any questions

Universal North America writes in NC now, don't know how close they get to the coast. The Beach Plan (NCIUA) is also a good option, as already mentioned. Other than that, might have to go with a E&S.

Latest posts

Back