Need Some Advice on Selling Annuities

As an LDS/Mormon, I'll just say that it's extremely rare that I ever mix my church life and my business. I just like keeping my different roles in my life separate and I don't want to get any kind of reputation that "he's the insurance/financial guy" when I'm there for services or my scouting positions.

I've never lived in Utah... and I probably never will. I'd probably get really jaded really quickly with a lot of "two-faced" people who figure that 'since everyone is LDS, I can do what I want because everyone else is'.

I can't stand that mentality and I won't compromise myself either.

Having lived both in and out of Utah, you are better served being outside of here as an active member. There are lots of great people here, but the few that use their membership as a way to take advantage of others give the rest a black eye unfortunately. I think religion and work as well as religion and politics should never mix.

Needless to say, I didn't do anything with FFG. I did some research and wasn't to happy. Also, not sure if other companies hit you with a fee to work for them but FFG did. I think they wanted $399 for admin fees.. Anyone know of any companies I can connect with to sell annuities?

One more thing: Utah is an absolute hotbed for many, many multi-level marketing outfits. The "pills, portions and lotions" deals that lure in the desparate and gullible only to pay out 99% of commissions to the handful at the peak of the pyramid. Utah lawmakers are NOTORIOUS for looking the other way at these barely-scams.

Back