Needs Analysis Client Mailer/Prospecting

How many clients/people have ever filled out a needs analysis to figure out how much insurance their families would need when they die?

I think the answer is not many. I think it is important for all people/clients to know where they stand and how much they will need in the event something happens to them to protect their family members.

What if we was to make a needs analysis to either hand out or send out to clients that at the bottom had our info on it. The client could fill it out themselves and if they want to fax it or mail it back to the agent, you would give them a quote.

The client would start out filling it out because they are bored or wanted to know how they stand in protecting their family’s members today. Even if they have insurance already, why not just make sure it is enough coverage.

You would add something on the bottom telling them that you would love to give them a quote or help them if they don’t have enough protection.

This is as far as I got with this prospecting idea. I hope one of you will help me make it and share it with everyone.

Mark, I've benn using FNA's for years. My clients and I use it not only as a road map for their insurance goals but a prioritizer as well, for them to decide where they need to put their insurance dollars.

Moon is right though in that you have to turn the need into a want. To me, that's where sales ability comes in. You and your client both see they need x amount of life insurance for a certain goal, but they may not want to take action on it now. If they need it and can afford it and agree it's next on their list of prioritites then it's our job to sell them on wanting it as well.

What I like about FNA's are that once your client has established certain goals and are actively working towards accomplishing them you become their insurance professional, not just an agent. You have the opportunity to handle ALL of their insurance requirements, life, health, DI, supplemental, P & C and business. Once you have 2 or more policies with a client it's going to be extremely difficult for any one to walk in behind you and upset the apple cart, so long as you maintain ethical standards and always attempt to do the right thing for your clients.

A lot of times you can gather the info right over the phone so long as your not trying to sell them something. Once you've done that determine what areas they might be deficient in. Then set an appointment up. Go over their FNA with them and your interpretation. Then have them priritize what they think is most important. This gets them to own it, it's their plan, not anyuone elses. Once they prioritize it simply assume the close and start in on priority # 1.

Most carriers have a sample FNA you can use.

O.K.. I'll get off my soapbox now.

My wants and needs are already Her wants and needs, Bob.

I want a new purse and need a new pair of high heels. She is in complete agreement with me as long as I buy size 7 1/2 on the heels, even though I wear a size 10 shoe. We are in perfect harmony ever since completing that Rob Liano marriage training/counseling course. Where do I place the testimonial Rob...?

I need some new cloths, but I don't want to buy any.

Now what would change my mind. HMM

I will just put off buying some cloths to the last min.

There has to be some tricks into making your need become what you want. There are lots of things I need that I don't want and lots of things that I want that I don't need.

I guess that is the bestest thing is making someone want what they need.

Gee, snowman . . .

We were having fun. You had to make this thread serious again.

Mark, Rob did wonders for SportsNut's relationship and helped him reorient his thinking. I'm sure he can do the same for you.

BTW, how do you look in heels?

Back