New Agent Advice

Hello, I'm A new agent looking for advice from seasoned agents. I am swimming in the different options out there as far as IMO,FMO,NMO's, I seem to see vast numbers of them with many negative reviews from former agents. My license is Life/Health and I had intended to add Medicare to it. I am seeking genuine guidance regarding good FMO's as well as what type of insurance to specialize in for mostly remote sales. Thanks.

Hello, I'm A new agent looking for advice from seasoned agents. I am swimming in the different options out there as far as IMO,FMO,NMO's,

4860119.jpg

Hello, I'm A new agent looking for advice from seasoned agents. I am swimming in the different options out there as far as IMO,FMO,NMO's, I seem to see vast numbers of them with many negative reviews from former agents. My license is Life/Health and I had intended to add Medicare to it. I am seeking genuine guidance regarding good FMO's as well as what type of insurance to specialize in for mostly remote sales. Thanks.
All the normal stuff to avoid that they try to screw new agents with:

1. Don’t get sucked in by a pyramid style recruiter
2. Never assign commissions- always be paid directly from the insurance carriers to you.
3. Sit in on a training call BEFORE you sign up. Does the call make you feel good about the training or raise concerns? Trust your instincts.
4. Get the exact commission levels IN PRINT (never verbally) from all the carriers you are to be selling. Get them from at lest three IMOs. If your starting commission on the main Final Expense carriers is less than 120% then you are probably talking to a pyramid style recruiter.
Make sure the Upline you are choosing has a lead territory open for you for new direct mail leads (if you are selling face to face). Everyone has access to B-leads, aged leads, internet leads, Facebook leads, etc. but new direct mail at a set price is the staple of what the high producers use every week to hit the big numbers.
Read through this entire thread that has saved thousands of new agents from making expensive mistakes when starting out. [EXTERNAL LINK] - Getting Started with FE Sales

Back